Mod Manager App crash in CMD Server [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by JParra, Jan 25, 2018.

1. JParra

JParra Registered

Hi guys. In my community we have been using the CMD server installed on a windows 2008 server for a long time without problems. Before this server, on the machine we had up to four rfactor 1 servers running and at the same time.
    We recently doubled the CMD server from rfactor 2 to enable a second server. I know that it is not necessary to do this, that duplicating the user is sufficient, but due to the needs of our hotlaps system, we have had to do so and I know that other communities with the same hotlaps service work in the same way.

The problem is that since the last update 1190 the Mod Manager has stopped working.
    The application starts and to the second, while it shows the screen of Scanning Mods installed, it breaks and shows an error of "... it has stopped ..."

I can update the server by command line, download workshop content and do anything but install some Mod. As is logical, trying to start the server tells me that there is not a mod installed and that it can not be started.

- I have tried to clean packages and install files.
    - I have tried to erase everything and create a new server from the beginning.
    - I have noticed that the first server of rFactor 2, which worked so far without problems, suffers the same error with the ModManager.
    - I have noticed that after the update this application is now too in:
    C: \ Racing \ rfactor2-dedicated-B \ steamapps \ common \ rFactor 2 Dedicated Server \ Bin32 \ ModMgr.exe
    But it does not work from there either.

None of this has worked and the application keeps giving the same error, so I can not install new Mods and we have the community stopped by this fact.

Can someone help me with this?
    Can I install the Mod on my PC and then pass the folders to the server (as in rfacor 1)? Would it work?

Thank you very much for your attention.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

You're installing an anonymous dedicated server?

3. JParra

JParra Registered

Several weeks with the problem and searching the network desperately.
    In the end I decide to ask and I'm 10 minutes writing the post.
    Then, I keep looking and at the minute I find the solution in this same forum ...

To solve this problem you have to clean the working directory directly from the registry, copying and pasting this command from Win + R

REG DELETE "HKCU\Software\Image Space Incorporated\rFactor2 Mod Manager\Working Dir" /v File1 /f

Thanks to Swirth and to Noel for the solution: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/mod-manager-crashes.47142/#post-784669

4. JParra

JParra Registered

Yes, with the command: steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir ../rFactor2-Dedicated-B +app_update 400300 +quit

But the issue is solved. Thanks for your time Christopher ;)