Mod Dev not starting, or working only in 32 Bit

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Nicola59, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Nicola59

Nicola59 Registered

Hello everyone
    Sorry if I open a thread with a just discussed problem...but I never saw a real solution.

For months I had the problem of the Mod Dev not starting, or only working in 32 bits.
    Due to this problem ( happened mayve after an update of Windows 10 ), I also tried to format the PC, re-downloading Steam and all Rf2 ( losing a lot of time).
    Of course, I mantained always the last Rf2 Build, hoping in a solution. But nothing hapenned: RF2 retail was working regularly in 64 bits, while the Mod Dev did not start in 64 bit ...
    When choosing Mod Dev exe, the Rf2 home screen was appearing in a flash, and then disappeared, while Mod Dev was not starting.
    I posted this problem on Forum, like other people, finding no definite solution. Some people suggested a method ( install the Runtime Dx included in game ), some other suggested to come back to the previous retail. For me, these both methods werw not working properly.
    Yes, I tried to go back to the last working RF2 build, that for me was the 1111.
    But basically, update after update, I had always the problem. Now, after the last 1115 version, I searched for a definitive solution.
    Thanks to my friend "Slow Motion", I had the indication to download on Microsoft site the last
    DirectX installer, including all files from 2005 to 2010.
    You can downlod them through the link below:

https://www.microsoft.com/it-IT/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35

Now, installing them, magically the problem is solved (at least for me).

Therefore, I recommend this method to all people like me struggling for
    Mod Dev not working. With all my respect, I suggest also to Members of S 397 Staff
    to focus on this trouble in Rf2, maybe caused by some missing DX files in game.

Thank You for Your attention