mod brake pedal have to reasign every time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThomasJohansen, Mar 2, 2021.

1. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

I have modded my brake pedal, but now I have to reassign it every time because it registers reverse.

It automaticly register as 100% pressed. Then I have to reassign it twice until it reverse the mapping.
    Its a small thing but curious if it is possible to add correct setting in the controller file?

2. Comante

Comante Registered

Maybe you have put a loadcell with amplifier to substitute a potentiometer? In this case you have to invert 2 wires in your mod.

3. ThomasJohansen

Yes its a loadcell with an amplifier. dont know if its as easy as reversing signal, but will try tonight. :)

IMG_20210209_101708.jpg IMG_20210209_101719.jpg IMG_20210209_101809.jpg

4. Comante

Comante Registered

Search for richmotec g27 loadcell mod , it will explain a lot

5. ThomasJohansen

after some thoughs. its not possible to reverse the 2 wires from the loadcell, that will only change which way the forces work on it, then I have to pull pedal.
    Im not sure switching red or black with the white on the poteniometer will work.

6. Comante

Comante Registered

I think you have to try

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't understand why it would revert each time. I'm fairly sure my brake pedal axis reversed when I put a loadcell in, but once assigned it's fine.

*maybe I should have documented what I did, I'm thinking I may have reversed the polarity after noticing it was backwards in early testing. But not sure. Weird that the game can correctly calibrate it then forget it next time though, I thought the controller.json would take care of that.

Shout out to @Kevin van Dooren , if I remember the name correctly...:p

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    Kevin van Dooren likes this.
  8. ThomasJohansen

@Lazza yes that's the strange part because first load up it has the right axis bind (zb+) if I remember correctly. But in calibrate it's maxed out to 100%. Then I have to go assign it and it then bind to zb- but that's wrong so I have to bind it again and it switch back to zb+ and now it works fine. And it remembers until I remove usb. I always use same usbport. It's a small thing. And maybe it will be solved when I get my sw20 wheel where the pedals will be connected to that or an adaptor.