moan moan moan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glenner, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

+1... I mentioned this in another thread: ever heard of the stockholm syndrom or the 'you're holding it wrong' story....we seem to have a wonderful combination of both over here... again as i launched this emotionel discussion: 6 months beta was indicated, now its 9 months and rf2 is far from being ready and polished. Modders dont mod yet. So we can expect reasonable mods within 1 year after release. So we're probably speaking about another 18 months. If a company takes my money amd does not deliver within 12 months is not very professional. If on top they even dont think they own you a decent communication, i feel insulted and ripped of. Iracing might be expensive but its out and works. I joined pcars knowing im financing the dvp. No problem there, i would even not be upset if yhe project failed and my money was gone. It was at least communicated in that way. This is not about quality of the game but about a lack of professionalism of isi dealing with their customers. Many people are feedup.... more and more...especially those that were patient until now... again ISI be carefull in my opinion your actuel attitude is risking to kill the predominance of the rf series.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2012
  2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

3. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

You're reading what you want to read, hence it seems pretty pointless discussing with you. (which btw seems to a sympton of the st..., let's not go there) However in respect of the people (modders) that help ISI to take money for free, I'd like to underline that I did not insult any modders. I touched the fact RF2 is right now not modder friendly or ready and that many modders are waiting.

Regarding the mods out: Yeah there are plently of... virtual mod ... why because ISI sticks to their idea of having to create a mod for any combination of track and car. Many modders said they would not start until the modding system is complete. Others said they would not modd at all for RF2 as they do not like the system. With Rf1 having 4000 cars available it's clear that some will be converted. However "high-end" modders, will not put efforts in alpha builds of on already now outdated game.
    Look at the ridiculous threads that you see since months, nobody really cares anymore to report bugs or anything else. You anyway don't get a reply....
    Then sometimes there are updates.... and everybody shouts out loud: "thank you Tim, Thanks you so much ISI...Take your time..."

To put it clear: ISI launched the payable beta to get money in! They knew they would never deliver anything close to GOLD withing 6 months. In that is wrong, the person in charge of the dvp timeline should be fired right away, as he's useless.
    Seconldy, I believe that ISI does not count anymore on modders: their busines case on RF1 during the last year was clear: a) licence the engine to third party developpers that create stand-alone games b) develop customized version for customers like REDBULL.

So put all together and think business (or if it's too hard, listen at least):
    - SIM-racers will buy RF2 anyway... independently on the number of mods included and the one that will come out. We're geeks!
    - If you have hundreds of mods for free, the attractivity of third party licenced RF2 games will be lower. (I play more mods than RF1 licenced games because you can get practically everything you desire)
    - So basically if ISI wants to make money on licencing, you have no interest that stuff is being given for free. We have already bought the game...
    To make money, I would develop RF2 to be "third-party stand-alone games"-friendly... and not "free-modding"-friendly.
    I think this is what is happening right now and this is why modders are not happy.

Honestly, if ISI wanted to make a good free-modding engine, they could have done it... There are hundreds of talented people out there they could have asked how to setup the modding system. How would you explain that after 7 years of modding they completely fail in that area with RF2?

It's a small but grown-up company with lots of experience dealing with licencing and modding...In my eyes, they know exactly what they are doing...

looking forward to the upcoming constructive comments...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2012
  4. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I read what is written, if text says "Modders dont mod yet.", then in my eyes you are saying modders don't mod yet, while modders are working their asses off to learn new tire model which has no single byte common with old one, also really lot of time we need to research and find more information about tires, their construction, material physics, trying to figure out secrets of tire companies and so on.

Certainly for ISI it won't be any easier.

Anyway, you can always sit on your arse and whine how company is evil as it is collecting money to improve it's product, or you can help modders doing research to get your wanted content sooner. If you just make demands without offerings, I doubt that will be much of help for you to get what you want. So what it is that you want? To be served free lunch to bed or make that lunch by yourself?

ISI has it's ways and it's misgivings like any other company, I don't think they are going to change anything, because they have been in business since 90's and have known how to stay afloat, so probably they know more about business than either of us, sure they can be wrong too, but I think that they have right to choose their way, we have right to choose our path and as it is just a game and a hobby, I really don't see point to be so dramatic about their way of doing things.

I mean if you visit someone's house and they use shoes indoors, do you screaming how idiots they are and when someone says anything to defence use of shoes indoors, are you starting to yell about fanbois and stockholm syndrome?

I have said it before, things don't seem to be quite in perspective here.

5. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Turning the other cheek works best for me. Also you may want to consider separating your self-esteem from the game unless people are directly criticizing you personally for liking the game, which I doubt.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Really!?! #wetspants

7. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... getting a wee bit excited there Mr. G?

;)

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Anything to do with v8 supercars gets me extremely excited...sometimes too excited :p

9. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

"I mean if you visit someone's house and they use shoes indoors, do you screaming how idiots they are and when someone says anything to defence use of shoes indoors, are you starting to yell about fanbois and stockholm syndrome? "

I don't trust people wearing indoor shoes...and wouldn't visit their house.
    for the rest, you're actually confirming my theory with your bright thoughts.

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I dont understand. Should I or shouldnt I use shoes indoors? Or we are talking about slippers? :confused:

11. baked bean

baked bean Registered

lol are sandals ok?

12. baked bean

baked bean Registered

V 8's rock :D

13. tjc

tjc Registered

Well I ware my shoes indoors and bare feet outside so there... :p

14. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

LoL, well there is one thing we have in common tjc :)

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I can't understand what is offensive to you about someone elses views of a product. Is it because it makes you question your decision? Or is it just because you disagree with them? Either way, you should be able to overcome that. ISI staff are able to, and this is their 'baby'. Terence, for example, has been with ISI since it's first racing title, he probably considers rF2 one of his children. ;)

I am not sure what kind of assurance you're looking for. It depends what the issue being talked about is, what was said, how, and by whom. There is a difference between nagging, and constructive feedback, but any feedback at all is worth paying attention to, even if it's not often worth replying to or changing something for. Sometimes we may have had internal discussion on an issue, and the feedback we get on the forum is the perfect test bed for it...

Anyway, OP made his point, I believe it has been replied to and the topic is done. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.