moan moan moan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glenner, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

Come on FANBOYS, get real. ISI ****ed it up. I paid for a full game 9 months ago and get an alpha build.... don't wanna hear any blabla anymore about you did not buy the beta.... the money is gone and 9 months later I'm bored and fed up with the few cars.
    GFX is already outdated and still performance hungry... so don't expect too much there. PsX is however good and FFB too.
    The "beta" was supposed to be for modders... well 9 months later, nobody is modding, as it's still beta... > Beta for modders but nobody mods after 9months... does it start to ring a bell.
    So FANBOYS, you can start hate me now even more. Personnally I'm really feedup with all these FANBOYS finding excuses for a company that takes money and does not deliver... Thats my point.

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Nobody hates you bro :)

This is not WMD. We don't create a culture of hate here. If you don't like the game or the Devs, that's perfectly OK (as long as you don't insult anyone) :)

You have some valid points. But I think you've given up too early. I won't try to convince you otherwise. You have a right to your opinion.

But please don't call us names. We are fans, not "fanboys" ;) and nobody is hating on you.

But surely we can disagree without name calling.

3. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

buddhatree, I'm not putting everybody in a box. Many people over here are open-minded and accept critisism, some other just react like Klingons on crack on any critism.
    But great to see people like you reacting in a gentle a polite manner to a pretty harsh comment.
    I'm not giving up... anyway there is no choice it's paid... which is a probably a source of frustration... I'm sure Rf2 will be a great game but it seems clear that ISI is not on track anymore with regards to timining. That's all I wanted to say basically.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think their timing was put off due to the performance problems early on, I remember a post from Gjon saying something like they'd spent more time on that than they would've liked. (search his posts its in there somewhere) Timing is'nt everything though, they had no set in stone deadline to get too and that can be a good thing, basically they're working at their own pace and not rushing with a whip standing over them from the marketing company...thats when games can go wrong!

5. tjc

tjc Registered

+1

Well said mate. :)

6. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

I agree but again in other words: 9 months ago when the beta was released I paid the full price with an indication that the beta was expected to last more or less 6 months. This was at least what you could read out of the first posts and seemed reasonable or acceptable.
    Now just imagine, if ISI said in january that you can pre-purchase the game but that it won't go gold before 12 or 18 months... Do you think we would be the same amount of people in this forum?
    I'm not saying ISI fooled us and I'm not asking a refund. I can understand that things can go wrong. However, if you're behind schedule you could at least admit.> I'm still waiting for a transparent post from ISI saying where they are or maybe just a little...."Sorry, we're behind schedule and maybe we should have waited with the paid beta until we're closer to gold"...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

thats the other problem, when it comes to status updates or progress reports or whatever ISI are basically rubbish! (Excluding Scott/Luc for their track progress threads). Personally I'd like to see more and I've argued the point but apparently its just not gonna happen.....at least during Beta anyway, Tim tries his best but at the end of the day he's just the PR guy...he does'nt do the nitty gritty stuff that we want to read about.

8. jtbo

jtbo Registered

So yesterday I just imagined working with a mod for 18 hours straight, with only 2 visits to bathroom?

No goodies for you...

1 person likes this.
  9. Bart S

Bart S Member

Comeon atleast you can play the game in a pretty complete state most things work great such as the AI, Physics, we have great ISI mods already. This game in its current pre released form is years ahead of the competition for all it offers, just watch them all follow suit on dynamic road.
    Call me a fanboy, i'm not an ISI fanboy but an rF2 fanboy there is a difference, I'm an rF2 fanboy only because the game is better than anything available all in all and that will be for years to come IMHO. I will soon be a fanboy of the next best thing should it offer the same and more of.
    Granted the graphics I like, they are great atleast the way I have it setup on my GTX680 but I believe they could be better and I would expect them to be made better nearer release.
    I'm with you on the 6 month to release date perhaps that was some marketing ploy to get investment in early but atleast we have a working feature full game.

Come gold how would this game be much different to what you have now what are you expecting waiting for other than mods?

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Bart, it is at least your second post with the quite same words. Sorry I have no time/opportunity to answer the first.

You are :)
    Or you are blind or/and deaf.

Dynamic road, despite it is unfinished, is the only feature ahead of competition. Gfx, Sound, surround view support, controllers support, UI, replays are worse than same features found in at least one competitor. In most cases it represent state we know from rF1 - 8 yo sim. In some cases it's even worse.
    Even modders stopped modding due to unfinished game state and lack of documentation.
    Are you still can say it is years ahead of competition? Give us a break ;) Maybe it is good enough for you. Maybe good enough for other. Maybe even for most of us. But comparing to other titles saing it's better than anything available... fail.
    It may be really better than other titles... once, when finished. But not today.

I would like to see better optimized gfx engine with correct lighting and shading. What about artificial lighting done in better way. 128 (and more) independent light sources rendered in real time casting shadows - possible today. Correctly working sound including sound effects like reverb/echo/early reflections and surround support. I would like to be possible to configure surround view like in other titles. Also UI may be more consistent (currently it is p.i.a, issues not fixed for 9 months ). Rain might be looking like the rain and fog like a fog. What about support for bi-stable controller switches?
    There are really a lot things to improve. Just read bug reports and wish lists.
    Sorry to say you cannot see all the issues.

11. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Rain...Wipers...Tires...AI...Collision physics...UI...Graphics...Cars...Tracks...Rear View Mirrors...Optimisation...all WIP and god knows what else. It's a long way from a finished product, now when these are done, yes it may be the best on the market. Until then, who knows.

12. tjc

tjc Registered

I can completely understand some getting frustrated with the time thing, sometimes I also wish the updates would come along a little sooner than they do but I`m also understanding of the fact that these things do take time and I`m prepared to wait...

I`d still have signed up for rf2 even if ISI had said it was going to take 18 months or more to go gold... I`m really enjoying being involved in the development process and being able to drive rf2 now and see it grow.

As I`ve said a hundred times already, I`d rather wiat and have rf2 be overdue but then have a special sim as opposed to one that`s rushed out to keep people happy.

13. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

Sorry but nobody asked isi to deliver an unfinished product. Some people just think that 9 months after you paid for a product you could actually expect to get a finished product...or at least a gentle word from the people that took your money.
    As many other people suggested, isi is not alone anymore on the market. Rf1 stays alive not because of isi but because lots of modders put hundreds of hours in a mod for free.... right now isi is risking to loose this talented 'free staff'. this will not work out...patience has limits and the arrogance of isi makes many people look at products from competitors...i think that isi is playing a dangerous game and they could have easily avoided this by playing an open game with their customers. If isi does not change their mind, they will loose their predominance, even before rf2 is ready. Modders will put their time in other products and rf2 will be dead....

14. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

Btw: where are you involved in the development? Isi has their internal beta testers and generally do not even reply to comments of paying beta users... so the only involvement we have is the financing of a game thats far from bring ready...

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

my word you're on a right old moan up aint ya!? :D

16. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

.... after some years you just dont have any startup credits left, especialy if you dont care about your customers... i just cant hear all these excuses anymore. If you take money, you have to deliver.... thats the way the world works since thousands of years. Anybody trying to break this rule was punished... burned, stabbed, poisoned or simply forgotten....

17. tjc

tjc Registered

I never said I wanted ISI to deliver an unfinished product, I simply said that I understand that certain things go over budget and overdue and I`m prepared to wait for that.

We are all involved in the development of this sim... Tim has said on many occassions that all posts etc, good or bad are read and taken onboard by the team if they think it`s a valid point or an obvious bug...

I`m perfectly aware that ISI have their own testers but we are also testing this sim and giving our opinions on various things so if those opinions are taken and worked on, or even if they`re not, we are helping with the development...

By all means be as disappointed as you like with rf2 but it would be nicer if you expressed your feelings in a more calm manner...

18. Chronus

Chronus Registered

A friend sent me a PM at NG about how ISI deals with criticism: differently. That PM was precisely due to this thread. Couldn't agree more with him.

Not for the first time, I see Tim Wheatley intervene to remind people criticism is natural and welcome. Hopefully, guys/gals, you will learn something from his posts.

For what it is worth, my thank you to Tim for the level head approach to excesses.

Hats off to you, sir.

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Who said the beta is for modders ?

the beta was for modders to come familar with and test, etc.

Surely no one expected a mod from a topline team yet ? funny lol

Besides, I have see a Adrenalin V8 Supercar room up.

I been waiting for Isle of man full road in GPL for over 10 years. lol

Have patience said the butterfly :p

Cars are not boring for me .....every other sims physics are though.

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Hear hear...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.