Mirrors quality?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kevin Karas, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

Hey all,

today I just spend some time online with Skip on LRP. And there was something that was REALLY annoying in the race for me - the extremely poor quality of the mirrors. I noticed it earlier in other mods but now I think it is time to let ISI change some parameters in next update to improve the quality. I really would like to see my opponents coming out a turn behind me so I can check wether they come nearer or not. BUT the problem is:

1. The mirror drawing distance is horrible. Maybe about 50-80 meters.
    2. the resolution looks like a gameboy.

Come on guys. In rF1 you just could paste a MIRROR.bmp with 4096x512 to the vehicle folder and the mirrors than looks awesome (resolution). The drawing distance could be set somewhere in the plr file. But it was limited, too.
    The mirrors really pull the overall quality of the racing experience down when you look into it. Especially when you use AA in general environment. In addition a high quality mirror could extremely increase the behavior of all players because everybody can see better what is happening at his back.
    So what is the problem. that mirrors are looking like that? Are you maybe planning to include a "real" mirror like in iRacing. Than I understand that you want to finish it before inplement it in game. But now I imagine that you just adjust some values to get the same results as in rF1 :)

This shouldnt be an attack. Its just something that bothers me and that could hopefully easily be patched.

Im looking forward to an answer of an ISI member about that topic.

Thanks for reading.

1 person likes this.
  2. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Yes, they look bad but am sure they will improve.

3. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Verry starnge .. For me the mirrors in the new SB seem way better ! verry clear and sharp , I kept saying to myself "Wow the mirrors look great now " ... ram and mem I think have a say in the quality of the gpx in rf2 over all and the mirrors for sure .. , I see In your spec's you have a 1gb vid card and 4g of DDR2 on a dual core... could be part of it .. I have 2gig vid card with 8g of DDR3 on a quad @3.2ghz might be the issue ??
    Dosent mean you cant have files like you mention from rf1 to drop in and maybe make it look better for you ? but i belive the new rf2 needs some horse power to pump out the visuals ...

4. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

I updated my specs to my current system ;) Bought some new things last week ;)
    Here is a screenshot from my mirrors in the SB.

View attachment 5304

5. Max

Max Registered

@ St54KeV,

I agree in that the mirrors are not that great, at this time. Hoping they will improve as well. Put it on the to do list :) My mirros look just as yours do too

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2012
  6. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Yes I did say they look BETTER ! but not fantastic !! lol

[​IMG]

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

mirror take alot of system power so best that they do stay simple

8. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

AW: Mirrors quality?

Hm in rF1 the better ones didnt suck any performance. No difference

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

9. Max

Max Registered

Yea they don't take any extra power to run on a modern PC, :)

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

oops. lol. nvm. :p