Mirror, Seat, FFB settings. cch files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DJCruicky, Aug 13, 2012.

1. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

A small request on .cch files in the “\UserData\player” folder. For those that don’t know, these files contain your seat positions, mirror settings, lap records, force feed back levels, and even how many metres you have clocked up in a car.
    Can I ask instead of the game making a new one for every vMod, that the game just uses one global cch file instead to hold all these settings?
    The reason I ask is every time a new vMod comes out for the same cars, it’s like starting fresh. I have reset all seat positions, mirrors, force feed back settings each time for every car I drive. If this would be just 1 global file we would not have to do this.

View attachment 3588

cheers :)

[​IMG] DJ CRUICKY

2. argo0

argo0 Registered

Absolutely. Getting really tired of setting that stuff over and over again.

3. Favio

Favio Registered

Hi guys, anyone know how to change the position of the hood cam?? (with low fov change perspective), usually in open wheelers I use cockpit cam, but in touring cars make me a little bit dizzy. Thanks!.

4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Hi Favio, Not sure, as the cam files are contained in mas files and can not be edited (as far as I know). But, you could press the free look button and move the camera around. You'll need to setup all the keyboard Camera buttons first. Also Zoom in and out for your FOV etc. Down side is the moment you press Esc, you have to do it again when you leave the track.

For you, ideas for ISI would be to put theses cam settings into these .cch files.

For me I would not mind having the:-
    'Controller Profile' name AND the 'On Screen HUD overlay' type within these files too. so I can have different ones for each car type.

Examples:

\\\\\F3-Spark73.veh
    HUD=Multidials
    ControllerProfile=My G27 1960s button layout

\\\\\2012-F1-Car.veh
    HUD=ArcadeDigitalDisplay
    ControllerProfile=My G27 F1 button layout

5. Favio

Favio Registered

Bad news for me :p , but anyway I'm going to try with that, thanks for ur help and time DJCruicky!.

6. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

How are you wanting to move the view? I am guessing from what you said you want it higher? If you only race offline, then from what I have read there are .cam files that can be altered, but those aren't going to work out too well for online usage as I believe you will get an error due to editing them.

7. Favio

Favio Registered

I don't use offline too much, get higher camera seem to be a problem if I can't modify .cam files, anyway it's not a big deal, thanks.

8. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Are you trying to get a view that is about the same height as what you would have in cockpit, or are you wanting one that would allow you to look over the car in front to see what is happening ahead? If you want to look over the other cars without using swingman, some cars have a bonnet cam or even a cam that is on top of the car above the driver. One of those might help you out.

9. Favio

Favio Registered

That's what I want, a camera a little bit higher a further back the hood, to compense the low fov effect. Right now the camera it's like pointing the floor, don't give me the best vision from what's happening ahead.

pd: english is not my native language and google translator does not help a lot, sometimes it's hard to explain :D

10. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

If the angle of the camera is the issue, I am wondering if there might be something in the plr file that can be changed. I know that for the cockpit view you can change the seat angle or something like that to change the angle of the camera. Not sure if that will also change the bumper or bonnet cam though. Guess I go try it out and let you know :)

EDIT: Ok, what I was talking about was seat pitch, but that only affects the cockpit camera, not the other cams.

1 person likes this.
  11. Favio

Favio Registered

I think I'm going to need Tim's help... Tim if you read this, please give me a hand!! lol

I give reputation Gearjammer cause cool guy :cool:

12. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

For you Favio

Hope you can understand his English. This is rfactor1 but works for rf2 also.

[​IMG] DJ CRUICKY

1 person likes this.
  13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

Thanks Favio, hope you get something working for you.

14. Favio

Favio Registered

Thanks again DJCruicky!!, for me It's harder to talk than listen english language, this video help me a lot, now I have a more comfortable feel with cam view!!.