Mirror not working properly: shows forward direction

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by I3bullets, Nov 30, 2013.

1. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

Hey there,
    recently I adjusted my FOV and my seat position. I seem to have broken something in the process because since then my virtual mirror is not showing what's behind but what's in front. I took a look into the plr-file and found the following entries:
    The "-" might indicate the direction of the mirror so I deleted it. Back in the game the mirror is still looking forward and in the plr the "-" has returned. I then adjusted the seat position manually and put it way back. That didn't affect the mirror though :-/

Any ideas?

2. MJP

MJP Registered

It's because you've moved your seat position ahead of the mirrors. Seat (and mirror) positions are saved in a mod's CCH file in your player folder.

3. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

Okay thank you. By moving the seat backwards (obviously farther than I did before) I was able to get the mirror to show what is behind of me. But it is still messed up! Everything in the mirror was moving very fast so I used ctrl+shift+seat up/down to adjust the mirror size. I think it has a correct size now but as soon as I start to drive the mirror turns down showing the ground. Is there a way to reset the mirror, seat position and FOV to default?

4. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Theres also an option in the plr file (close to the cockpit vibration frequency settings) that handles wether the mirrors move with the headmovement (under braking etc). You could try and set that to 0

5. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

Okay, I fixed it, thanks for the help!

Here's what I did (don't know exactly which was the solution :D ) :
    in the cch-file of the mod in question I deleted the "-" at the corresponding entries (the same as in the plr, see my first post). That put my seat way back in the car. Also I edited the plr so that the mirror is not influenced by head movement anymore (rearview movement=0). Now I can move the seat without changes in the virtual mirrors.