Minimum/Recommended System Specs for rFactor 2

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

ISI can say whatever they want about the specs needed to run a particular scenario - that doesn't mean the first third-party mod or track released won't require more. If you think you need to upgrade based on the above specs and you're going to do it now, I'd suggest getting the best you can and hoping it's enough; if you're at or above the recommended specs it might be better to wait a til a few months after initial release and see how things are going, then upgrade as needed.

2. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Registered

Simfan,I've read some of your posts and I think that the rF world is new for you,is that right? Ok I'm italian and sometimes maybe I write bad english but this time the sentence is correct and clear IMHO....
    "Simply because we doesn't have any high-poly mod at the moment";
    do you seriously think that ISI's standard mod will meet the same HW request than a superb modding team as CTDP?take a look at WSGT2 mod on youtube,that's just rf1 gmotor.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgQGkRnTkEU
    Do you think it would be the same as standard ISI's models?now take it on rf2 (not an ISI matter)
    Think that rF1 standard MODS and TRACKS are absolutely different from the modders ones and "reccomended" is just based on original ISI 's material,so if you want to be prepared for WSGT2 mod for example you'd be better to have "reccomended" as "minimum" ;that's just my 2 cents mate ;)

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Why?
    This requirement means that rf2 is compiled with Vissual Studio and requires some libraries to run properly.
    Doesn't related to modders at all.

4. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

so i'm guessing 32 bit will still be available

5. simfan

simfan Registered

@Cris_Ace

I think we have to wait until we get rf2 in our hands and then we can talk about ISI poly usage :)

6. Disasstor

Disasstor Registered

Does this announcement that RF2 is not far off?

7. Cris_Ace

Cris_Ace Registered

Yes but it's not a secret that modders are artists and our past experience support the theory of what's written above;
    don't misunderstand,ISI's work is probably good as ever,but their primary target is ro create a rock,solid CORE engine to enable quality modding solutions...and that's a plus for the community!!!It's also true that this time they've mentioned that have some real license to put in in next year,so let's wait and see what happens,hope to put my hand on the wheel as soon as possible,my pc's spec are ready hehehe

8. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Simfan is a newb to simracing in general. Typical "expert". :rolleyes:

9. simfan

simfan Registered

@Cris_Ace

I know what You're talking about, but still You don't know how big poly usage will have "standard" ISI cars.
    We have seen only WIP images and thats all. :)

10. Dreamer

Dreamer Registered

CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 or 2.4 GHz AMD Athlon x2

So we need a CPU With 2.4 Ghz ? the name of the manufacturer is not important ?

11. Gabkicks

Gabkicks Registered

cant wait to try this :D

12. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

What is coming next? :)

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Can't answer any release date queries.

More cores will help the OS, but rF2 uses two for initial release. So will they help? They may take any potential background load off the cores which rF2 may be using, but whether you'll notice it?? That's up for debate. As for the future? rF2 is LONG TERM... :)

The more you overshoot, the better. :) The minimum "runs" it, it doesn't take advantage of it.

Executable is 32bit. But installing a 64bit OS is beneficial to allow you to access more than 4GB RAM. So it's recommended to have a 64bit OS, doesn't mean the exe is 64bit.

If that's your target, why ask? ;) Just buy the best of everything. Tomshardware.com has good comparison charts you can use. I just upgraded to an i5 2500, Sandy bridge mobo, 8GB RAM. Kept my old video card, which is a ATI HD 5870... If that helps.

14. 88mphTim

Yes, it is important. You cannot use a Pentium 4 2.4GHz, for example. Insert every other CPU below those two mentioned here. :)

15. JoshJ81

JoshJ81 Registered

Ah! You just gave me my first REAL REASON to finally upgrade from WinXP to Win7. Thanks for the great information, looking to forward rFactor 2!!!

16. elwood

elwood Registered

I'm wondering why 64bit systems?, i'm using a Win7 64bit installation right now but i've installed a 3dsmax2010/32bit, because ISIs plugins don't work in a 64bit 3dsmax.
    I'm just curious, maybe you have updated the tools, i don't check devcorner every day. ;)
    I'm a simmer but also a developer. :)
    Cheers.

el

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

They recommend 64-bit because applications can use more than 3.5 gigs in 64-bit environments. That's all. (32-bit .exe, so you don't need a 64-bit OS, it'll just help in coping with large amounts of data)

18. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I'm guessing this means that ISI has a really good handle on how much strain the post effects will have on the overall performance, which means we're probably getting rather close to a beta release. :)

19. 88mphTim

Yeah, note that there's no mention of 64bit in the minimum, just the recommended.

20. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

Tim, thanks a lot for the info! We hope that physics will meet the system requirements!