Minimum Recommended Server Specs for rFactor 2

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 28, 2011.

1. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Hi Read all of the stuff in this thread. My question is probably in the wrong place, but just wondering what would be the minimum upload/download for a player, not a host to give some safety factor to avoid lag?

cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  2. Emery

Emery Registered

Player-side is fairly light. If you launch multiplayer, in the lower right are the network settings. Mine is 256k for both up/down; can't remember if that's the default setting.

Worth noting that I've just started using a 4GLTE connection and it seems to be reliable for rF2 despite not being a very good connection due to a ridge between me & the tower. Download speed is fine (10-20 Mbps depending on weather & usage), but upload is never more than 2 Mbps and sometimes as low as 512 kbps. My pings are typically in the 90-150 mS range no matter where in the world the server is located.

3. Andy90

Andy90 Registered

Hi i want ask if the server requirements still the same ?

Schumi likes this.
  4. agustin_24

agustin_24 Registered

Hello, with my league we want to carry out an endurance race of 12 hours where 30 cars will race and also open slots as a busy spectator, I would like to know what values should change in Upload Speed and Download Speed to carry out the event without problems. Thanks

[​IMG]

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What's the connection speed for the server? If it's ample, make it like half the connection speed just for plenty of leeway. 30 people I think you could get a decent experience with 20-30Mbps, but I know at least some of those running competitions will open it up to 100-400Mbps just to make sure (albeit very large fields and driverswaps).

rF2 will try to cope with whatever you give it anyway, so if you can hit that 20 or 30 you should be ok, higher is better. Just don't max out your connection or things will get messy.

agustin_24 likes this.
  6. Felipe Granado

Felipe Granado Registered

Hi all!

I opened a server today and the RAM usage was 1GB without drivers in server (Lime Rock with 14 GT3 cars)...

The RAM usage by the Dedicated is more when loading more different cars?

Sorry the post after long time..

7. redapg

redapg Registered

Doesn't that make Sense?
    Different Cars mean different 3D Models and Textures that have to be loaded for each of them.
    If you use 14 Cars of the same Model, there will be loaded less.

8. In general RAM usage of a recently started DS should be 1GB and more in my experience - examples:
    - allowed classes GTE, GT3, LMP3, one track, server waiting for first player to join, around 1GB
    - allowed classes GTE, GT3, LMP3, one track, 5 AI, server waiting for first player to join, around 1.3GB
    - allowed classes GT3, eight tracks for choice, server waiting for first player to join, around 1.6GB
    - allowed classes GT3, NoS 24h track, server waiting for first player to join, around 3.3GB

I did tests in a virtual machine with Windows 2022 server running, 4 GB RAM and 2 CPU (cores) in the past and it could handle five or six drivers (without AI) well - but just for testing.

9. Felipe Granado

Felipe Granado Registered

I saw make no sense because I don't known this requeriments was about only one car in one track...

So, we have a minimum calculation about each car and track wears the server...

I want test the Dedicated on a Linux server with Wine (with or without graphic interface)...