Min. FPS is worse and Max FPS is better.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by MaBo974, Feb 19, 2012.

1. MaBo974

MaBo974 Registered

Hi, I've tested the new build. The test is done doing 1 lap at Mills with Magane with 20 AI cars.

Build 49
    Min.FPS = 34
    Max FPS = 56
    Build 60
    Min.FPS = 25
    Max FPS = 66

As I don't want to go under 30 fps, I must say I'm not happy with this update. I've read in the change log that all HDR computation was moved to GPU. I have an average video card (nVidia 8800GT) and a powerful CPU (i5 2500K). Maybe that explains my fps drop.

View attachment 1249

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
  2. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Seems to have same problem here :(
    My FPS goes from 20fps to 80fps in 3xScreen,seems to be very dependant to number of car rendered.
    i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz + HD6970

3. MaBo974

MaBo974 Registered

Taking in account my tests and many posts I've read here, my conclusions are: if you drive with 0 AI your frame rate is better then build 49, if you drive with some AI your frame rate is worse, which means that in build 60, for each AI you add, you lost more fps then with build 49.

4. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Did you try Online, because is it AI calculations the problems, or just drawing more cars?

5. MaBo974

MaBo974 Registered

I'd like to know this too because I don't care about the single player but only the multiplayer so I hope the problem is related to AI. When I will try I'll let you know.

6. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I ran 4 Megain online races yesterday with 20 + drivers, one race had 29 , on the 3 defrent defalt ISI megain tracks.. I have found using the settings bellow to have the best overall performance being at start grid 40-42 then holding in the 60's and as hi as 90's (inner loop, end of sector 1 where thes not to much going on and leaving garage if no cars were in ther paddoc's ) with minimal stutter ..

Mills was the lowest on start grid hitting 35 only a few sec's but in race stayed in the 50's down main strait and reaching 70's throughout most of the track ..

I went back and fourth between flush 1 and 0 setting and found myself not being able to tell the deff, at one point i was sure "0" was smoother ..lol but then again it was a suttle defrence and I was pleased that the stutter was not causing me any real probs , this after switching the "new sync options" from "video" ( frames holding at 59 intire track and verry smooth until you get close to other cars or hit the tight turns ,then it stutters sevearly and fps drop down in the 30's +hard to drive/stay on track due to the chop =30 feels like 10 fps) to "none" this brought my frames up as hi as the 90's and over 100 in a few instances , constant 70's douring races with a dip in the 50's with mutiple (more than 3) cars in the screen.. chasing a single car with another 2 or 3 ahead i saw no real drop .. i could see that in pratice the fps were a bit higher this is normal as in race the bleachers are full of fans and all , i watched the fps drop when i passed any type of populated area's like grandsatnds, or as they came into view but it was slight compaired to my earlyer settings (sync on "video")
    I also have replays OFF but havent messed with any plr stuf except for the "flush1-0"
    Also my sounds are set to 16 and visable vheicles is 12 so altho there wer 20+ cars it was drawing max12 at any one time ..

Ok i see the pic's are messed up sry. you can see the in game settings the config is set to:
    Rez: 1900x1200 32
    HDR: on
    FXAA: on AMD Phenom IIx4 955 @3.20 8192 MB DDR3
    Sync: none
    AA: 8
    Widescreen UI "checked"
    Refresh @ 60Hz

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2012
  7. MaBo974

MaBo974 Registered

Ok, I've tried online and it is even worse :(
    I joined a race with 21 drivers, at the start my fps gone as low as 15 fps so about 10 fps less than in single player mode with the same amount of cars. So seems the problem is not AI but cars drawing. I hope ISI can improve the code.

8. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Yeah same here, solo I have 72+ fps.
    And online at mills I droped to 20fps when driving in the front straight with cars in boxes.
    I setup to draw only 10 cars :(
    In previous version I never had lower than 45fps with same software and hardware config.

9. MaBo974

MaBo974 Registered

After reading the last post of Tim I'd like to make clear I haven't changed manually any files, I've only used ingame settings to tweak performance. Btw I tried to delete the .plr file and, as expected, I have the same problem.