Mid-Ohio download.

Discussion in 'Locations' started by GTClub_wajdi, Mar 11, 2012.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

yeah just noticed, the news website I saw said Sprint Cup and now changed it to Nationwide, obviously screwed up! oh well Nationwide is still cool!

2. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I've put in so many laps on this track, it's my absolute go to for a good time, and it looks B-E-A-utiful.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

I can only agree...

Excellent track and always provides good racing, one of my faves without doubt. :)

4. Led566

Led566 Registered

I'm racing the Cadillac cup on iRacing...this week on Mid-Ohio.
    For comparison I've tried the GT-R on this track: to me rF2 seems already better than iRacing.
    Congrats Virtua-LM for the excellent work.

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Is there going to be any improvements to AIW file on this track? AI is too slow on this track at the moment.

6. ethone

ethone Registered

Probably not before rF2 goes gold, whenever that may be.

7. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Anyone used this in multiplayer with the Corvettes? We used it for a league event tonight and several Corvettes got stacked in what seemed like the last pit. We only had 10 cars in the session.

I set up the event with a VMod so if I missed some file I should've included the let me know.

8. DocJones

DocJones Registered

We had a similar issue in sebring with only 15-16 cars (Corvette) and 2 of those sharing the same garage. Not sure what is causing the issue. Same happened with Clios in Mills (Inner Loop C, maybe 20 cars in the session). So there were more garage spots than cars in both cases. If anybody has a solution (or an explanation, for starters) I'd like to read about it, too.

9. ethone

ethone Registered

If these are recent occurances it might be a bug introduced in a recent build.

I re-did the AIW for Sebring and certainly might have made an error or overlooked something, if so though that should have shown up earlier than just recently. Mid-Ohio though is still using the very same pit/garage spots that it used as early as the rF1 version.

Could be there is something specific about the Corvettes. There is only 4 different cars in it at the moment, right? So presuming each is set to a different team ID that also equals just 4 teams. So as soon as you'd hit 9 cars you'd have at least one team with three cars. Tracks have between 1-3 spots per team. The Sebring 12h and Modified layouts have 2 spots per team, so this might be a case of a third car per team being placed in one of the two already occupied slots of that team. This should not happen in multiplayer I believe and as I implied might be a recently introduced bug.

Mid-Ohio has three spots per team so the issue should only occur there when a team reaches four cars.

Could you guys check if in those instances where this happens the cars are grouped by team (i.e. skin) and the issue occurs when the first team reaches three cars (Sebring) or four cars (Mid-Ohio)?

Let me know if you're seeing such behaviour with more "complete" mods that have more teams as well.

10. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Shared team/car was what I thought might cause the problem, too. But the two guys on our server sharing the garage at sebring were using different cars, Corvette C6.R GT2 #00 vs. #03. The Team is 'Corvette Racing' for all cars afaik.
    Unfortunately, I can't remember which cars and teams it was when we had the issue with Clios at Mills. It was on january, 11th - so build 134 - when I first saw the issue.

11. ethone

ethone Registered

I just checked the Corvette files and the cars are all assigned to the same pit group (Group1) and share the same team name.

Unless the issue also happens with car mods that have a realistic number of teams I'm assuming it's a sim-related issue, not a track issue. I would have thought rF2 would fill available pit spots in multiplayer (where the car - team bond is not enforced anyway) before even considering using a spot twice. I'll report this to ISI and see if there's a bug here.

12. ethone

ethone Registered

Ok, actually single and multiplayer are supposed to work the same and this sort of thing should not happen.
    In multiplayer it is possible cars get assigned a different garage spot after having joined when cars that entered later have specific internal IDs. That should however "fix" itself after a session change or after getting into the car and hitting ESC back to the monitor.

Do you guys have a replay of the instances? If it ever happens again, could you keep the replay and post it please?

13. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

We were changing sessions (i.e., warmup, quali, race) and I think I even ESC'ed out once because TrackMap was misbehaving. I'm pretty sure I have a replay... I will check tonight and give you a link to download if I do.

14. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

I forgot about posting this replay but don't worry about it... I jsut had it happen with Formula Masters and Portugal so it's not a problem with Virtua_LM's Mid-Ohio.

15. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

It's a great little track, runs well, looks pretty good, but it's waaay too wide. Obviously I haven't driven the real Mid Ohio but from what I've seen in iRacing (running a true to life fov) and on TV, it's alot more narrow :)

16. Duvel

Duvel Registered

nope, just simply not correct: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56CsIAhd6wQ

I've done tons of laps on this version (got to be thousands now) on rf1 and rf2 - both are the same in terms of layout. I'm on triples and use a low fov (25 to 30) with multiview enabled, and it's literally 100% bang on to this video on width. In fact, it's pretty much identical, full stop.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Posted 03-28-12, 08:38 PM:
    Hi ethone, may I kindly request an update to the AIW please? Main issue now is that the new WISDOM files (new way of AI learning the track) do not generate properly with this track (tested with 3 different ISI cars), possibly due to the conversion of the AIW from rf1.
    Also the apparent lack of Blocking Paths makes AI racing semi-pointless....it is alright dont get me wrong but obviously could be brilliant!
    If you can't do it would you seek help to get it done? Just hate to see a decent track like this not take full advantage for the AI is all, thanks

18. ethone

ethone Registered

Request received and passed on, it's not my track but a friend's. :)

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

aahh ok sorry thought it was yours but that's good mate many thanks :)

20. ethone

ethone Registered

No problem, same mod group after all so in the right ballpark. ;)