Mid October and no GT3 car?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gpfan, Oct 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

poor choice of words on my part. I meant No positive or negative comments about the post. So yeah, I'll take the hit on that one.

Ari Antero and SPASKIS like this.
  2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Thanks for correcting the statement. Considering you reply I edited my post. It was excessive.

What I didn't like to hear from Marcel's post was saying that they had few control over the final approval. Under those circumstances they shouldn't have ever promised a release date which by the way is not updated in Steam. It still says September release.

Marc Brink and Ari Antero like this.
  3. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Palmers contract said he'd be driving Renault still...

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Are you suggesting it is a similar case?
    Are you suggesting that breaking contracts have no consequences?

Guimengo likes this.
  5. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

Great band, isn't it? (bit off topic)
    Just give it a rest and behave yourself. Your comments don't sound 'lol' to me.
    Exactly. If they're having doubts to meet the deadline, then don't announce it.
    It would be better to state: "We're aiming for September, but we're not sure to make it."
    This whole situation creates unsatisfied costumers which is very bad marketing.
    If I treated my costumers like this, I'd most certainly be out of business by tomorrow.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    RoboCAT10 and SPASKIS like this.
  6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Even if I think that it is no good practice in general to work with the money of your customers and not to deliver a promised product on a set deadline - something that has become a common practice in our daily life, I have the faith in S397 that they will release the pack, even if it comes a few weeks later. We are talking a DLC for a computer game and not some life saving medicine. In some cases full preordered games get delayed and there is not even half the noise that we have in this forum recently. I can understand the frustration to some extent, but it has been communicated pretty open and often by now, what is happening with our money and why things are as they are. Maybe next time they will stretch their deadline a bit or work out contracts in a different way, but I feel that people are overreacting a bit.

Ernie, WiZPER, MarcG and 1 other person like this.
  7. Comante

Comante Registered

I would hope that at least, people that are complaining for the delay, bought the pack. They have at least some reason do be a bit upset. I did bought it too, but in all honesty, GT cars are not my interest, but I thought it was my duty to throw 15euros at it. What I really want is an upgrade in the infrastructure of the game, I'm already full of content, even if I'm really picky about what I download. I have no doubt that Studio397 will deliver the carpack and the long wished upgrade to the game, if the wait will bring us a product that is more stable, more flexible and that will make us return to see eachother on public servers, then what are few weeks to wait compared to the years of fun RF2 could bring us again?
    In the meanwhile I gave a go at Zandvoort, people wished for it for a long time..wowow after 2 laps it is already one of my favourite. Yes is a bit resource intensive, but the track is very well done, FFB make it interesting and alive,and it should be a good track for most content. This last sentence just because I fear some people are waiting updates on the forum (boring) instead enjoying what we already have.

elcoco likes this.
  8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Lets just take a step back and look at the whole picture:

a) No Studio397 probably shouldn't of given a semi-specific date (September) and maybe they've learn a small lesson that in future not to give an estimate on a Month but maybe in a Season (Autumn for example). It was an error, fair enough.

b) Communication has been fine, the latest Roadmap (posted across Social Media, here and Steam) stated October release and Marcel has more than once said the delay is due to Licensees signing off the cars, that's out of Studio397s control obviously, ya know what delays happen in all forms of computer software, deal with it.

c) Is it the end of the world? Of course not, it's a bloody computer game at the end of the day. All this pointless talk of "I wouldn't treat my customers blah blah blah..." is laughable and hardly comparable to anything in the Real World. If you feel that hard done by then request a refund and move on, or better still when the next Pack is Pre-Released DON'T PRE PURCHASE and just wait for the full release then purchase...hardly rocket science is it!?

d) I can understand the frustrations (we all like shiny new things to play with) but is it really that hard to just wait a bit longer? Does it mean you can't play the game? No, there's already an abundance of GT3 cars out there plus loads of others to continue enjoying, instead of crying go play!

e) My mate got promised 6 months ago that he was gonna get a pay rise, he's still waiting and as a result I'm having to step in and help him through each month due to the rise in Bills he has to face. #RealWorldProblems, Some of you really need to grasp a bit of perspective here.

alpha-bravo, coltair, Rastas and 5 others like this.
  9. Stan

Stan Registered

Does the GT3_Pack was sold as a kickstarter project? And is it fair to sell something that you don't have (at least the licenses)?

Guimengo likes this.
  10. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Dudes, it's an Rfactor 2 official GT3 pack mod, GT3s are the hottest thing right now.
    I just bought it, didn't pay too much attention to the date, would have bought it if it said June 2018.

jayarrbee36, marmagas and WiZPER like this.
  11. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I'm pretty sure it'll be worth the wait

12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Definitely!

Studio397 guys, just take your time and release the next update when it's ready, i know those 2 months without any news will be worth the wait, i'm sure rF2 had a great boost meanwhile and most of us will be surprised on what it's coming. People arguing there'll allways be, so take your time and send us things when they're READY!

Good job and thanks for bringing back to life my all time favourite simulator!

WiZPER, Rastas and jayarrbee36 like this.
  13. Lukas Lichten

Lukas Lichten Registered

14. Zeh Drei Peo

Zeh Drei Peo Registered

15. oppolo

oppolo Registered

"a september release" could mean "at least a car in september" otherwise it should have been "for september release" :D

16. Emery

Emery Registered

Marc, your other points are fine, but this one is terribly weak. Poor delivery of a product, whether it be a game or something from the Real World, hurts a company's reputation. Take SMS's reputation, for instance... who, with knowledge & understanding of their track record, buys their product on preorder these days?

If S397 continues to have trouble with announced schedules, it will stick in our minds, customers won't be preordering, and that will hurt S397's cashflow. Consumer questions are beginning to haunt S397, like promised rain tires for USF2000 & Radical, fix or explanation for Radical weight distribution, Zandvoort not at v1, and not updating the Steam sale page for the GT3 pack to indicate maybe October or November release. These are the sorts of things that generate nagging doubts about whether the future will be quality or a string of unrealized promises. That's as Real World as it gets, eh?

Jego, Ari Antero, MarcG and 3 others like this.
  17. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

The most important is the VERY HIGH level of quality of the cars. They must imperatively be ISI standards (ex: camaro isi gt3). I have noticed and it has been confirmed by many people that it was necessary to wait for the third version of the mc laren to be according to me to the standards of ISI. I think it's not very professional so I hope they will not make the same mistake.

Moreover I expect MORE the update of all ISI cars (ffb-physics with the latest technologies developed by ISI).

Concerning what has been said above, I agree with all constructive and legitimate criticism.

EDIT: so I prefer to wait one month more but have cars with real ISI standards ON THE VERSION 1

18. Lukas Lichten

Lukas Lichten Registered

I think you missed my point: The problem is not that they delayed the release (Which is perfectly fine), the problem I illustrated was that the store page for the GT3 Pack STILL contains wrong information. Just take a look at the store page yourself.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yes a fair point @Emery, time will tell if this minor delay (and lets face it it is minor) will hurt sales or not. Again a lesson that S397 can learn from in the future with Pre-Purchase Packs, although I still think it's weak for some people to go so OTT about the whole situation.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Well...who knows... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.