SOLVED Microsoft visual c±+ error since last update

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Javier Sandez, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Javier Sandez

Javier Sandez Registered

Hello everyone.
    With the last update I had this error, runtime error! in the the Microsoft visual c++, I can open the launcher but when select any mode of play it close, if I downgrade to the v1111 the error doesn't happens.
    My video card is and old HD4870 and the CPU is a FX6300 black edition with 4gb ddr3.
    I delete all and reinstall the game but still showing the same error.

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Try to run all the runtimes of the support folder

Javier Sandez likes this.
  3. Javier Sandez

Javier Sandez Registered

I do that but doesn't work

4. Javier Sandez

Javier Sandez Registered

Is too sad, because my video card support dx10,1 and assetto run fantastic, rf2 is going really high with the specs. Not everybody have a nasa computer.
    Is to bad I really enjoy using rFactor and I can not afford an update at this time.
    Thanks for your reply.

5. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

The only thing I can suggest is to use an old DX9 compatible build of rFactor 2 on your system. You can choose one via the beta tab in Steam. Obviously these are so old that they won't run any of the recently released content, nor will you find (m)any on-line servers compatible with this old version but it still works off-line and most older content will still run fine. We really do require DX11 for about a year now.

6. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Where do you live Javier? Im guessing you are far away from me (northern Europe). Heck if you lived around here i would have given you my GTX980. It hurts me to see fellow sim racers not being able to drive their favorite sims... You are probably on the other side of the world or are you in Spain/Portugal? Maybe could be shipped but even though i could donate my card i am still really poor atm after buying a brand new PC. :D

7. Javier Sandez

Javier Sandez Registered

I really appreciate your gesture but you're right I'm from the other side of the world, also talking to a friend from Spain simracer, he will send me his old gtx660, so in a month or less (I hope it's less) I'll be running in my favorite simulator.
    I really appreciate your gesture.

Alex72 likes this.
  8. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Happy to hear it! :) If you take a trip to Europe, call me.

:D