SOLVED Micro freeze at monza same place every lap

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by AlexHeuskat, Aug 6, 2021.

1. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I have a fps drop/microfreeze at this place every lap every time, it ruins my immersion....vsync on/off, it's not my hardware I think
    20210806212638_1.jpg

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Probably it is where the full expanse of the track comes into view.(removing the trees of course) Possibly similar to what users have seen at the Nurb GP track. I'm betting you have Nvidia?

3. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

yes....no fix ? I can't use this track with this microfreeze....I have noticed it since the release, I have posted this 3 or 4 times already...

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
    Hazi likes this.
  4. Hazi

Hazi Registered

same here ... vr user

AlexHeuskat likes this.
  5. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

What's the problem with Nvidia, is it drivers or any particular card.

6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

no problem here in VR. At this place i notice no significant drop in frametime. Frametimes at pits are higher but still smooth. Whole track is running fine at rocksteady 90 fps

7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

all my games are perfectly smooth, I have more than 250 games, so I guess the problem is in rFactor 2....

pety100 likes this.
  8. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Ok I have found the issue : The Formula Pro, with all the others cars, no microfreeze.....

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

No problem that I know of, but I get the impression most of these micro glitches occur with NV products. Now this may be due to the huge number of NV cards compared to AMD, but most of the AMD issues are big failings that the users figure out and then we never hear from them again.(suggesting either they sold the AMD or they don't have the continuing nagging things afflicting NV)
    A large number of these complaint of track hiccups are occurring with INSANELY powerful systems. 3080 RTX mated with top-notch cpus. So I wonder if the NV architecture is just not suited to rF2. I would also suggest the AMD CPU may not play as well with rF2 compared to top level Intel....just my inaccurate mental abacus keeping track of what hardware keeps generating complaints.

10. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

the issue is the Formula pro, Nvidia is not the issue, rF2 is the issue ( I have all the games in the market, only rF2 has this....)

11. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

I suspect you need more confirmation from others before you can nail the specifics on where the problem is. I would suggest there are too many hardware options and software combinations to say exactly where the problem is.

I’ll give it a go later and feed back which might help S397 to nail it if it’s their issue

12. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Tried Monza today with the DTM BMW. Running with the GTE cars is as written before smooth without any drops. With the BMW i got many pink spikes and an overall worse performance, although frame time should easily reach most the time for 90 fps

13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Did you read ? I think the issue is with the Formula Pro, with all others cars, I have no microfreeze.

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

He just stated the new BMW also caused problems. Nothing to get upset about. This shows the variations in systems.

Manfredk2, Scoopscat7 and AlexHeuskat like this.
  15. Filip

Filip Registered

Maybe you got a broken FPro?

16. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Exactly what i meant. Thanks #davehenrie The newer cars (same for me with the 911 Cup, althought its older) seem to need more performance. In combination with a track which maybe needs also more performance it leads to problems/stuttering, although its only a little part of the track

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2021
  17. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

it seems fixed with the update of the Formula Pro, I'm so happy !
    I can pay 500$ for 15 more F1 laserscanned tracks from the official calendar....

18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

most Eff One tracks are .....too wide, too smooth...too artificial.....in other words...boring. But that is what is great about simming, something for everyone. dh

19. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

Glad it’s sorted. Can only assume S397 picked it up at one of you previous requests.

AlexHeuskat likes this.