MFD box too far to the right in VR

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by rixracer, Aug 13, 2017.

1. rixracer

rixracer Registered

While driving in VR (Rift), I have to point my chin toward my right shoulder and down to see the Multifunction Display box information, like lap times, damage, penalties, etc. This isn't ideal, to say the least.
    I posted about this months ago, and I think you guys actually moved the box a little to the left. Unfortunately, it's still too far to the right to read with a glance.
    Would it be possible to place it just to the right of the steering wheel? There, I could read it with a quick glance.
    Messages, which come in on the left side, are just as severe as far as how much I have to turn my head to read them. Any adjustment would be useful.

Drivers can always turn them off with a keystroke if they are annoyed by them. I like the info, hard to not refer to them for useful info.
    Thanks in advance,
    Rix

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

You can't move them manually but you can run a lower resolution in the settings which has the effect of "moving" the HUD display, the resolution refers to the Menu Screens & in game HUD not the HMD of course.

3. rixracer

rixracer Registered

Thanks for the suggestion, MarcG, but the last thing I want to do is decrease the resolution. If anything, I'd like higher resolution.
    What I'm asking is for the people that are writing the code and doing interface updates to move the MFD's for us. Making them moveable would be a perfect option, but I'm not sure that's feasible.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yeah I'm sure that's all coming with the new UI hopefully, as for changing the res currently if you go too low the menu/setup are unreadable but dropping just a couple seems to work fine all round.