[REL] Metalmoro MR1 Prototype 1.51

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Quick update: due to the contact provided by @Guimengo !!!! now Frederico is providing a lot of data and the whole physics will be affected by them... on the graphics side we have finished liveries and we are now just looking at last little things.

Here a preview of the Fantasy Liveries that you will discover once the mod will be released:

• made by Brack Jabham
    mr1_31.jpg

• made by Boxer
    mr1_30.jpg

• mine
    mr1_32.jpg

2. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Marco - delightful skins. Can't wait to have some racing fun in your new mod. Merci.

3. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Mates, start thinking to organize an Endurance race when the mod will be released... LOL

Sunday news: we are setting a lot of new values and ranges together Frederico and he is also testing the mod into rF2, comparing it with the real car that is more stable and has more grip than the mod, grrrrrrrrrr!!
    We have already recalculated the suspension geometry (thanks to Nicola Acciarri) and the new flex chassis and @Eddy is working on aero of the rear wing...

20171104174145_1.jpg

Sebastien Sestacq and Will Mazeo like this.
  4. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Great news!
    Are you gus reworking the 3D model too?

5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

NO, nothing to change in the 3d, only tire texture has been updated.

6. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Ok no prob,just asking because looking and comparing 3D model to pics I noticed a different rear wing and some other details (like front air holes, are bigger in real life) but nothing which will prevent us to enjoy the mod ;)

7. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

for rear wing holders, there were developed 2 different models... In the future the real car will have a new rear wing, but for the moment no drawings for it...
    Holes depend most by point of view... please look at post #6, but yes, we had no measurements for those holes and sincerely we don't care for them at the moment...
    In general to model a car without blueprints (that for what I know are not available) only using pictures is not very easy, but in my opinion Chris modeled in an incredible way, with a lot of attention to any detail... into the cockpit (looking at it by ext cam or moving the eye around) and also with any item of the car, the most of them are detachable...

8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

uhmmm bad crash in test session today...
    20171105180953_1.jpg

9. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

What shader you used and does it work without devmode?

10. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

This mod is not yet public and it uses the new shader for visual damages. Very soon S397 will publish detailed info.

11. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Thanks Slow Motion!

12. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

latest update to the graphics is the refueling twin cap and its position, now on rear right window
    20171123183839_1.jpg

On physics side we have changed several main data, due to data and feedback provided by Frederico, the owner of the real MR1:
    - caster: default value
    - camber:default value
    - gear: finals
    - rear wing aero and setting steps
    - tire size and 5 different slick compounds for tests ONLY
    - CGfront/rear% (to be tested and adapted to the mod vs. real car)
    - new values for brakes (force and torque)
    - steering wheel strength
    - steering wheel rotation to 720 degrees
    - steering wheel sensibility
    - turbo engine
    - new RPM limiter value
    - fuel tank position and capacity

Now on we are waiting for comparative tests by Frederico and his feedback for last adjustments... Last weekend he collected a lot of data at Circuito dos Cristais.

13. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

video recorded last weekend at Circuito dos Cristais:

14. felirrari

felirrari Registered

Hi, I worked with some guys from Metalmoro, I'll try to talk to them to help you, if you still need it.

gneffio likes this.
  15. Enzo Brocker

Enzo Brocker Registered

Hi guys,
    I see you already had some support from the team in possession of the car today, I work for Metalmoro and their partner racing team JLM Racing and could assist with some additional info and background.

More people tried to contact me about this but I'm too busy with the AJR model, having also been involved with Reiza in its representation at the Automobilista.

What else you need regarding the MR1 now?

16. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thanks for offering your help. As I wrote above (post #34), now we are waiting for tests and comparison with real car. This week end Frederico and Milton are focused on the last 3 main points that we need to tune:
    - steering wheel strength and sensibility of the mod vs. real car
    - Front/Rear CG% (we know real data but maybe they must be a little adapted to the mod to have same behavior and feeling, also due to the tire grip)
    - tire grip for slick, in a range of 5 different compounds also depending of the above point

If you have the chance to test the mod, please PM me. Thank you.

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  17. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

A quick update: I collected a lot of interesting info and also very very detailed feedback driving the mod vs. the real car. And if, like in this case, the persons to test the mod and to provide feedback are the same that are driving and working on the real car, I hope in providing to you a mod very very closed to the real car.
    All that takes long time, so I cannot swear to release the mod in a while, BUT we are working on the option to release a first public build asap and later, going ahead with the tests and comparisons, if it will need, an updated build.
    I sent just now the latest private build to Frederico and Milton with a lot of changes according to the feedback they provided. So... cross fingers...

18. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Thanks for your work guys!Amazing news!

19. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

First post has been updated with the public release of the build 1.0

A quick note for a new feature that has been added: visual damages.
    The feature is not yet fully developed by Studio 397 and it will be done in the future. Atm the default choice allows "scratchable vs. detachable items" and can be switched into the showroom tuning.
    It means that by default ALL items (the main body, hood, front and real bumpers, mirrors, front and rear fenders and sills) are scratchable but not detachable.
    About rain, wiper is working but rain drops effect are not yet implemented.

Don't under evaluate the mod: I know, it is a niche mod, but we did our best for bringing to you a very very closed mod to the real car and I'm sure it can be considered at a good level for exciting fights and endurance races.
    Thank you and give it a try!

MMartin, sg333, bwana and 17 others like this.
  20. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

Thanks Slow it's really fun to drive!! good sound & nice driveable ;)
    mod integrated for the future "official championship online" category rookie / amateur :D

Slow Motion likes this.