Messed up REFMAP0

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Coutie, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Hey everyone. I'm having an issue with one of my cars that I've not been able to solve. The issue is that the reflections are all messed up. It goes from being matte, to having reflections(that look bad), to no reflections again, all in a couple of seconds. It's like one pixel determines if there is going to be a reflection, and if there is, it puts it on the whole car. I'm sure I have everything set up correctly, I'm basing it off cars that I know and can see, work. Here's a picture. Anyone have any idea how to fix it?
    [​IMG]

Also, is anyone else having issues with fresnel reflection values and them not exporting in this latest patch? It just seems to default everything now. Maybe that's part of the problem.

2. Coutie

I've created a new multisub and it's seemed to be fixed, for anyone else who has this issue in the future.

3. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Thanks, will try asap!

Can you show picture of the difference now that your issue is solved please?

4. Coutie

It's not really solved actually. Looks a bit better though. At least I was able to edit the fresnel settings when I created a new multisub.

Edit: Picture since you asked. You can see the glass is reflecting now. I think build 498 or whatever messed it all up. Creating the new multisub material seems to have somewhat fixed the issue.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
  5. gagipro

gagipro Registered

The difference I can see between your last picture and the "LOTS" picture is what you can see like you said some matte part in the shadowed area. And this is not present in your last picture, you seem to got the right shadows in the shadowed area.

I had some problem on one model but it was the UVs that were assigned to map channel 2 for some parts, I moved these UVs to map channel 1 : problem solved.

But I'm still missing something between carbody texture (DXT5 with alpha), carbody specular (DXT1 no alpha), the fresnel part and the specular color/power seem to do nothing :(

I can't do something clean, since begining of the week I tried to test every possibilities ... results are too bad :(

So I perhaps have to recreate a submaterial lib from scratch ...

EDIT 2 pictures :

View attachment 12059

View attachment 12060

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
  6. Coutie

Try creating a new one for just your body material, then export that to see if it's looking better before doing everything else. Looking at the ISI cars, they all have an alpha channel(the newer ones anyways), so maybe try that on your spec map.