Mercedes AMG GT3 weird FFB

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by avenger82, Aug 22, 2018.

Tags:
  1. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I didn't see anyone mention it here but I noticed weird FFB on Mercedes AMG (from GT3 Pack). I don't know how to put it but basically it feels weak at high steering lock/steer rotation. It feels similar to when in some cars you brake and lock wheels you have no FFB resistance. At first I assumed it's probably realistic until stumbled on this post:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/rfactor2/comments/92rfb5/gt3_pack_amg_gt3_force_feedback_anomaly/

Now each time I drive this car it bugs me. Even if it's somehow similar to the way it's in real life isn't it exaggerated?
    So I tried this car in other sims (RaceRoom , pCars1 and didn't feel such behavior). It's also in AC but didn't try it. Also none of other GT3s have this.
    Anyone noticed that and can confirm it?

2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

try the preload setting from 11 to 5 and see what happens with the ffb loose felling

3. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I didn't change this option and don't even recall it. It's in GUI (FFB settings) or player.json?

4. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

its at the setup of any car you load
    select merchendes gt3 and load it on any track
    before you enter the track go to the setup options of the car that you can change aero-tyre preasure-spring sriffness etc
    there is an option at steering settings that says preload
    if i remember correct if change from default setting 11 to 5 things getting better
    also the a better brake bias setting gives better feel while braking and cornering at same time

avenger82 likes this.
  5. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Registered

This has been discussed in some other threads. My summary: the cars FFB is broken. Some people like it, but it's nothing like the other cars and totally unrealistic when paired with a DD wheel. If you crank up the friction and dampening to simulate a low end wheel, I can see how folks may like it because the feedback is so exaggerated but its quite honestly terrible in my opinion.

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....ith-heavy-understeer.60772/page-3#post-956023

avenger82 likes this.
  6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Lol, you probably missed the other 100 posts talking about it since first release :rolleyes:

Filip likes this.
  7. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Yeah I missed it. So what's the conclusion? Will FFB for this car be fixed or it's somehow expected/realistic?

8. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Some say it's wrong, some say it's right, some like it, some don't, but there hasn't been any indication from the devs saying it's inaccurate or needs fixing.
    I've seen a few suggestions tinkering with the setup of the car to make it feel "better" if you want to try them. I personally like it the way it is.

Korva7 and takethree like this.
  9. Florian Dubiel

Florian Dubiel Registered

I tried RF2 since a long time again. The Porsche GT3 feels good, BMW, Mercedes have a strange feeling in the ffb, they do not feel like big car more like a cart with a very short wheelbase. The sound is awesome I have to say :) but the ffb is broken somehow for me. I am using a Fanatec DD2

10. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

There is another thread about the AMG GT3 in regards to weird FFB

someone modified the base car with very increased caster and it changed its behavior dramatically

I lost the car files after a Game crash unfortunately but planning to ask if someone had saved it and could upload it again

11. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Florian Dubiel and nolive721 like this.
  12. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Danke Manfred
    I posted on this thread hoping someone would upload the file indeed

13. Florian Dubiel

Florian Dubiel Registered

the file seems to be gone, not available any longer