WIP Mercedes AMG GT3 broken with AI driving

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by J7166, Oct 4, 2020.

1. hibbogtr

hibbogtr Registered

112% and 51 aggression. I will upload a video soon.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Actually there was some sort of update a year or two ago. I think it only amounted to a base setup change.
    At Sebring, on the edges of the pavement all along the track are small reflectors on each side of the track spaced, who knows, 10 yards apart. These are modeled via the laser scan. They are very teeny tiny small squares, going into Turn 10(Cunningham) the Merced will porpoise over those as it's outside tire travels over them. (I think the GT3 Porsche will also do this, but not as pronounced) Since that is a heavy braking area, bad things sometimes happen.

3. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

thank you
    I am at 100% and 50% aggression. I did few runs this morning at the Dubai track, very bumpy and twisty, but I can not honestly say the car behaved in a wrong way with abnormal suspension movements.
    I was focusing on cars ahead of me driving over kerbs and also some area of the track I know myself would experience a bumpy ride and couldn't notice anything wrong again

maybe its me not as picky as others but I am really enjoying the car and the AI now on any tracks I have tested

4. hibbogtr

hibbogtr Registered

Attached you see the replay:
    Both AMGs spann in the first round. The AMG always causes such a crash.

5. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

I see

it’s bad indeed but I haven’t experienced any of this in all AMG only races I have done

maybe because of the cars models mix you were running the AI got messed up?

6. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the report, I was able to reproduce this.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

At Sebring, the approach to Turn 10. The AI controlled GT3 Merc bounces over small square reflectors on the edge of the track. Other cars drive right over the same objects with little or no issues. It is like the Merc's suspension doesn't have any 'give'

upload_2022-3-18_15-49-54.png

8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

9. Florian Dubiel

Florian Dubiel Registered

still strange this car in 2022, it feels totally different than the other GT3 cars. The Aston Martin lays on the road like a brick while the Mercedes is totally floating and lose, both with default settings. The dash is broken as well. The rev lights are not working? ... may be soon... a fix?