Mercedes AMG GT3 AI performance issue

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Corey Rogers, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Corey Rogers

Corey Rogers Registered

Hi,

I've had this issue for over a year now and I've tried everything to fix this except report it here. Only because of the new UI am I really now taking this issue seriously because I've been away from RF2 playing other sims.

So basically the AMG GT3 is the slowest AI GT3. I've tested this on multiple occasions in the past and without fail the AMG lines up from last place up to the next non AMG car. I was watching the AI today as I was getting use to the new UI and I noticed the excessive wheel lock used by the AI. I watched other GT3 cars and this did not occur. in the AMG it's like there is not enough lock for the AI so they lap the wheel taking a hand off as one would if rotating more than 180 degrees while braking heavily.

Other AI cars including the Audi and Porsche use a reasonable amount of wheel lock in the same corners. When I drive the AMG the lock is also fine and by default is set to 400 degrees. I've noticed that at Le Mans the AMGs spin a lot in the chicanes on the Mulsanne straight and it looks like this is related to the wheel lock when you watch from the cockpit view. Top speed wise the AI AMG cars seem to be the fastest GT3s in a straight line at Le Mans.

Is there a file I need to modify to correct this? I've re-installed RF2 numerous times in the past and for a while I only used original content. I have very little mod tracks and only an F3 mod car but I tested this problem at Imola (Reiza track) and Le Mans (RF2 official). But more or less I've seen this behavior everywhere including Sebring.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks