Memory leak in dedicated server

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by crz, Mar 31, 2014.

1. crz

crz Registered

My server just ran out of memory. It was used heavily since Karts were released and the memory consumption climed slow but steady. Last time I checked it was at 3,4 GB, now I wanted to check again and it was already gone. I don't know if this is helpful at all but somewhere in there seems to be a memory leak.

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Are you using any plugins out of curiosity? Our server seems to stick around 650MB at all times. This is after several days of uptime. We currently have 18 guys on the server practicing and the memory usage is at 308MB. But I just installed some new components so the server was restarted and only has 7 hours 50mins of uptime as of now.

3. crz

crz Registered

Now that you mention plugins, I do indeed use the liveview plugin. I never experienced that since I run rF2 servers but in the last two days my server is in use all the time, usually between 20 and 30 people. Some people live in there now, that is what karts did to them. :)

I need to test without that plugin but not sure if I could replicate it anyway.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Make sure the server gets a reboot.

But it could well be the 500 guys on your server every hour :)

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Going on 8hour 51mins.... using 750MB now. The server has had between 14 - 18 drivers online practicing for the past 3 hours. No clue how it was only using 350 earlier. When first starting the server and letting it idle it normally uses 650mb. But we are no where near 3.4GB.

We are using the LiveRacers plugin. I think I recall reading about others having problems with the LiveView plugin. I think he is about to release a new plugin. Maybe that will help.

6. stonec

stonec Registered

We had memory leak few days ago. The server had had more traffic due to event on the next day, constant 10+ cars on server. Mem usage went up to 3.8 GB and kaputt. Also using LiveRacers. Uptime was several days though before it happened.

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

We will be doing a 12 hour race on Saturday. We expect at least 26 teams to participate. Most teams have at least 3 drives so there will be lots of driver swaps involved. I will keep an eye on the memory usage and report back.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We stopped using LR due to such crashes.