Megane Headlights in Mirror Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MarcG, Aug 8, 2016.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Found a Bug with the Meganes, when using Virtual Mirror the AIs headlights show up as a flat texture as seen in the screenshots. Latest Build & Latest Megane happens at Palm Beach & Palm Springs tracks (possibly others not checked).

GRAB_006.JPG GRAB_007.JPG

2. stonec

stonec Registered

Do you run with HDR off?

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

nope On (always!)

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm getting somewhere, the Flat6 Mod causes this (sorry completely forgot I loaded them with the Meganes, my bad!).
    I've narrowed it down to a Window dds file, but even when I remove all Flat6 Window/Windscreen DDS files from the TEAMS MAS and repackage the problem still persists. I have a horrid feeling there's something in the locked MAS files Flat6 that is) that could be causing the issue.

Any ideas anyone? I'll try again another day.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

Have a look at Flat6 mod's MIRROR.BMP file and see if there's something strange there. Usually these BMP textures are just to specify the mirror resolution, but each mod comes with its own, so maybe it has other properties as well.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Good shout thanks :)

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Unfortunately both MIRROR.BMP in each mod are identical, even removing one then both of them from their MAS files and still the same issue, back to the thinking board!

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Fixed it, I noticed and removed the 'ESLightFlareShaders.mas' from the package and the mirror issue no longer appears so something in that MAS is conflicting with the Meganes, I even made the Meganes a separate 'Mod' initially and that didn't work.

Got there in the end :)