Max plugins, failed to initialize

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by jtbo, Dec 18, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

I put all plugins to max's plugins folder, coreshaders.mas to max's hardwareshaders folder, when I start max, I get error message in a box saying defined procedure could not be found or something similar. Materials 25 is what gives this error.

I did read how plugin should ask location of that new unencrypted shaders file, but mine never asks such.

Using max 2012, all updates installed today.

2. Joe Campana

Joe Campana Registered

Since the last update, you no longer need to put coreshaders into the max hwshaders dir. the plugin will prompt you for the location of the coreshader/shadergfx files when max first starts up. you usually want to point to moddev\shared, or core\shared. it only does this the first time you use the newest plugins. this is only with the latest plugins, it's all in the readme.

3. Kev

Kev Registered

I had that error too.
    Plugins are x86 and don't work with x64 version of 3DS Mas 2012.

4. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Instead of prompt I get that error message, I did try first without putting coreshaders there and it was the same error.

I'm running 32bit Max in 32 bit WinXP, sadly WinXP is finnish version which is pain to understand, I recognize words but they are used in odd situations. WinXP location and settings are set to english, even location is US, as I hate it when apps install to wrong language, they still do sometimes despite the setting.

Material_v25.dlt is version 2.5.2.11

Max is English language version as anything I put into my machine.

Switching OS language settings to defaults seem not to help, maybe dialog box thingy just does not work in Winxp of different language?

Error message itself claims that procdure can't be found, so plugin asks for something that does not exist in my machine, it also comes when loading plugin before max is started, don't know if that situation is when dialog box should appear or should it appear after the max has completely loaded?

Proper english error message I found with searching is Error code 127 "The specified procedure could not be found" armed with that all I can find from the Internet is that error comes when using plugin of wrong version, ie. Max is higher version than plugin is intended to.

However I took plugins from this path, so it should be correct:
    rfactor2data\Support\Tools\Plugins\Max 2012

I do have 3ds max sdk installed, but I have not looked much into it, I was wondering if there is a way to enable some debug mode for max to start so it would write nice log that might reveal a bit what actually goes wrong?

5. Joe Campana

Joe Campana Registered

No worries, we found the problem and fixed it.

6. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Good job :)

7. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Hi there, I have a different problem:
    I'm using Max Design 2011 32bit and am trying to use the newest plug-ins, but the gmaterial won't show up in the material list.
    I worked before with the older tools.
    The GMT converter is available.
    I deleted the coreshaders.mas from \hardwareshaders.
    Any tips?

Thanks in advance

Edit: gmat is available when opening a max-file where gmat is used before. In a new max-file gmat is not available

Edit2: found it! Render engine must be 'Default scanline', with Mental Ray enabled gmat won't appear.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2013
  8. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Hello,

I've got a problem with gmotormaterial & max 2012U12(U1/U2&U12) with the SLATE Material Editor when I click gMotorMaterial : I've failed choosing the first use path for the material and now impossible to reset it.

MAX always hangs with "an error has occured and the application will now close".

This doesn' seems to hang when using the COMPACT Material Editor.

Any clue? Can someone else try to switch between the SLATE and the COMPACT Material Edior with an other version of MAX? (like 2008/2009/2010/2011...).

Is it a normal behaviour & we have to use the COMPACT Material Editor?

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013
  9. MoodyB

MoodyB Registered

I take it the 2012 plugins aren't compatible with Max 2014?

I've installed the 30 day trial version & get the following error when I try to launch Max with the 3 plugins installed in Max\Plugins folder :

DLL <F:\Autodesk\3ds Max 2014\Pugins\Converter_v25.dlu>
    failed to initialize.
    Error code 193 - %1 is not a valid Win32 appication

Or is it a case of PEBKAC & I have missed a step / haven't done something required for them to work?

edit - I get the error message for all 3 plugins, not just the Converter_v25.dlu

And I'm running Win7x64.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2013
  10. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You need the 32 bit version of max.

11. MoodyB

MoodyB Registered

Doh!

So since 2014 is a 64bit only app then it's not going to work, is it :)

Looks like I'll need to find an academic pre-2014 license, or wait on ISI releasing 64bit plugins.

12. Coutie

You can find lots of versions on their website. Probably all the way back to 2010.

13. Banger

Banger Registered

did you reset the materials mas , in max

press m
    select multi/sub object
    select gmat material
    scroll down to bottom of pane ,and press the reset mas file location button.

or get the 32bit 2010 version . on student licence:)

14. MoodyB

MoodyB Registered

I did find some links which I thought were to older trial versions, but they just kept redirecting me to the 2014 version, as you'd expect.

Yeah, I'm trying to find a 2012 or earlier academic license.

15. Coutie

16. MoodyB

MoodyB Registered

Thanks Coutie.

17. chargingcar

chargingcar Registered

I Posted a Question last night regarding Exporting textures from , Codemasters map / rfactor 2 , map
    and 40 views and no replies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(

So after more research I was thinking this must be done with 3D Max ,,, So I jumped in signed up for 3D Max 2014
    Installed it then realised that inside support ,,, it only goes to 3D Max 2012,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(

So I downloaded 2012 ,, And have been messing around with it for 3 hours ,,, Watched a couple vids on utube ,,,
    Could still not get it working,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,x64!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I am just finding out that its x86!!!;(

Inside Support / plugins / Max 2012 ,,, Read Me ,,,,,,,,,,,Theres no information to this,,,,,,,,,,,should say x86666666666666666

Thanks for all your support LOL(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9

You Guys are just a bunch of Jokers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Are we any closer?!

Autodesk are only giving out 2014-2016 versions!!

I would love to start making tracks, I have a 3 year licence... I hope I don't have to wait that long for plugins!! :)