Released Matsusaka Circuit v1.00 Now Available!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 17, 2016.

1. AceLain

AceLain Registered

So it was not even on the "Official Suzuka" Matsusaka right ?

2. Pawgy7

Pawgy7 Registered

Since i did not know there was an Official "SUZUKA" and i thought the one from Steam would be the best , And it was not. I guess you are right. And the version on Steam says "Multi Player only" So i am not sure where to get the Matsuska version ,but i think i have it know????

I guess I did not realize that Matsuska was Suzuka. I have had it all along but did not run it because of very bad stutters. Now I have read most of the posts in this listing and see that I had to turn back my track detail to low and I can now riun OK. The other Suzuka that runs fine has the detail turned up to high as with all my other tracks.

This one has been a hard one to figure out. I like this track very much but don't like having to turn back the detail level. "But" I have a couple of other tracks that probably will run better if I do the same. These forums are sometime a little over my head but they also contribute to better gaming so thanks to everyone.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    AceLain likes this.
  3. stonec

stonec Registered

@Pawgy7 You did not realize Matsusaka was Suzuka, but yet you posted in thread "Matsusaka Circuit v1.00 Now Available"? :)

The included Matsusaka uses quite a lot of VRAM, that's why it stutters for some users. To reduce VRAM usage, the best thing to do is reduce texture detail and opponent detail settings. On a 2 GB GPU, medium/high settings should be achievable, 3 GB is required for maxing out at 1080p.

4. Pawgy7

Pawgy7 Registered

Read post number 112. That is why i posted in this thread. Thanks for the "reduce opponent detail Tip.

5. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Sorry if i missed this, but will this be updated for DX11 by you guys? I always thought it was ISI track lol. :)

6. RoWo

RoWo Member

@woochoo After your great update of Longford - thanks for that - will we also see an update for Matsusaka?
    Please, say YES. :)

jayarrbee36 and Juergen-BY like this.
  7. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Matsu is actually an ISI/397 thing. I just worked on it. It's up to them.
    Longford is different, because it has always been and still is my project.

Louis, bwana, GrimDad and 2 others like this.
  8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Matsusaka and Bathurst getting an update would be sweet. Especially a performance update on Matsusaka, that track is heavier than Sebring I think lol
    Lovely work on Longford man

woochoo, Mauro and Nitrometh like this.
  9. Louis

Louis Registered

and bumps, the lack of

10. woochoo

woochoo Registered

well, the reflections were discussed iirc.

some discussion points for bumps :p
    1) i remember commentators around a race at a circuit in 2015 saying the surface was less bumpy than in the past.
    2) just because Sebring is bumpy, doesn't mean all tracks are as bumpy as Sebring. Bumps are so hot right now :p
    3) yes, maybe more bumps could be added than there are at the moment.
    4) who will add these bumps?
    5) Does it need fake bumps, or random bumps, or will someone study footage of different categories of cars and try to gauge the location of those bumps to within a meter or two, and also how high they are (or deep if they're dips) to within a centimeter, or half a centimeter? I tried to do that.

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

bumps are a funny discussion, I remember some WEC moments where one car from Audi for example would bounce a lot in one braking point at Silverstone, the other car (with different aero config thus probably different suspension settings too) would go in the same area like it was in the most smooth track ever

12. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

:D

I have driven many tracks and not often have I thought "This is bumpy", they're mostly very smooth (well, as long as I stayed on the tarmac :oops:). Even airfield track days are smoother than British roads.

bwana likes this.
  13. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I suspect the significance of having bumps represented on more tracks depends on one's hardware. If one has a DD-wheel, tactile feedback and/or motion, it becomes really obvious when driving tracks / titles that don't have many of them. The challenges that come with such details becomes part of the Sim-racing experience to a much deeper level.

Of course, realism is a big factor but, so is the fact that many of these RL tracks can change quite significantly over time; Smooth tracks will degrade / rough ones may be improved. It seems unreasonable to expect that detailed LS data updates are sustainable for most Sim's so perhaps, designing for some sort of average might be worth while.

14. Louis

Louis Registered

Pehaps i used the wrong word. I as refering mainly to that graining effect on the wheel, Suzuka is well known for its tarrmac quality .
    As i remember ISI Montreal has the same problem and can be notice when you use Montreal track of another source.
    But i agree with @RaceNut about perception of this could be noticed in diferent forms depending on hardware you are using or your settings (like using ffb smooth),
    That said, i wouldnt mind if the modder spread some random bumps around the track just to keep me wake :D

woochoo likes this.
  15. Louis

Louis Registered

Woochoo you dont need to strecht the argument to the absurd to make your point lol. I know Susuka (not personally but from statements from drivers from the past comparing how good was the asphalt there and how much f1 teams suffers when they come to Interlagos in the 80~90´s
    I wouldn´t suggest something like Sebring but a bump here another there and the graining effect on steering wheel i told in previous post

*im not sure if "graining" is the right world also but will try to explain: you know when you driving in real life over na asphalt with some sand and you can feel that on the wheel? Is this what i mean. Not linear forces all the time. Hope people get it

woochoo likes this.
  16. woochoo

woochoo Registered

it sounds like you want an increase in the low amplitude, high frequency fake bumps in the tdf? A more gritty feel overall?

17. woochoo

woochoo Registered

i ALWAYS need to stretch to the absurd. There is no other way to keep perspective :p

18. Louis

Louis Registered

Yeah, it sounds like your words make sense to me. Maybe if i start to use google translate i could avoid at least 50% of my posts ahaha

pkelly and woochoo like this.
  19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

We don't need more tracks with randomly assigned bumps. It's not too dissimilar to one person I know convincing Assetto converters to reduce the bumps in Sebring. His real reason was the cockpit vibrated too much in VR, which is still not the track's fault, much like not having as many bumps isn't the track's fault.

I've only tried the iRacing version a couple of years ago but couldn't get their force feedback to work well so I cannot comment on bumpiness. It's reasonably known the Matsusaka here shares the same source as Automobilista's Suzuka (like Bathurst shares pCARS) And I can assure woochoo was sufficiently annoyed on camber, indentation and elevation to improve it as much as he could ;).

20. bwana

bwana Registered

Oh Lordy , fake bumps . The LS crew will be salivating