Matsusaka Circuit v1.00 Now Available!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Bjørn

Bjørn Well-Known Member

ISI Sepang

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Perfect!

Matsusaka
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It's like there's a reflect=true missing somewhere - road/terrain :)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Guimengo likes this.
  2. woochoo

woochoo Well-Known Member

That's a good guess. The road and terrain aren't set to reflect. I was running pretty hard up against performance issues. And reflected road sometimes looks not so good. So I'm just reflecting a grey plate on the bottom of the horizon mesh for the road. There are some small snippets of terrain that are reflectable (I think), like some parts of hills.

Now, let's discuss people painting their cars chrome... :p

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Well-Known Member

Oi! It was a test :D . The missing reflections from the surface made me nuts, so I had to go all out on the chrome to see what was up! Finally when I went to another asian track I found relief...

Mainly because the Japanese like chrome on their race cars...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Real life counterpart:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not really achieving the effect:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So no chance of having the effect on Japans premier race track? :)

Oh and sorry about the amount of images... Just wanted to show the issue/purpose in the best possible way

Oldseb likes this.
  4. Lgel

Lgel Well-Known Member

Thanks and congratulations to all the guys who worked so hard to deliver this splendid track (looks so real when driving, replays are splendid also).

I tried it with Enduranceseries P2's and URD GT's (20 AI), AI ran very well (very fast and clean race), did you notice that lapped cars now don't try to block you, and even ease your pass?

RF2 at it's best no doubt, simply great.

Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Oldseb likes this.
  5. woochoo

woochoo Well-Known Member

Yeah, demonstrated pretty clearly :p
    I guess it's up to 397 if they want the track updated, so I can't say either way.
    Thanks Lgel,
    It wasn't all my work but I sure put a lot of work into it, with the end user's enjoyment in mind :)

adamfarmer likes this.
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Active Member

Can you share a link for this car?
    Please .

7. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member

That's been there for ages, AI easing off and moving slightly off line, nothing new :)

8. Lgel

Lgel Well-Known Member

Optimisation of the track has been impressive, I just tried an F1 mod (conversion with bad LODs) where cars would crawl on the start / finish line, now this mod runs fine.

I noticed very hash and unrealistic lighting transitions between sunlight and cloudy weather phases, I don't know if it is track or RF2 related.

Thanks again, cheers.

P.S.

Was comparing apple and oranges, if I start from the garage, the car still crawls miserably, even when rece track track is reached. Curiously, if I start from the starting line it doesn't happen. But again, it is with a very FPS heavy mod and a bad conversion.

"I noticed very hash and unrealistic lighting transitions between sunlight and cloudy weather phases, I don't know if it is track or RF2 related."

Forget it, I tried with two other cars, and there is no problem at all with lighting.

Sorry for all those unfortunate comments, due to a single bugged mod.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017 at 6:02 PM
  9. Lgel

Lgel Well-Known Member

Not so long ago I was driven very often against the wall of Sao Paolo main straight by GT cars when lapping them in LMP car. We have a different definition for ages, I guess.

Cheers MarcG.

Guimengo likes this.
  10. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member

Well it was either the very first build or somewhere near after, doesn't matter of course the main thing is it's there :)