Released Matsusaka Circuit v1.00 Now Available!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 17, 2016.

1. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Are you saying that Nvidia game profile is a joke and that outdated profile is not limiting rFactor2?

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

Again, these are things that aren't any kind of "definite". There is no definite optimisation that will suddenly flick like a switch and we will all run 90fps at max details.

Certainly, that might help things, who knows. But with any updated product, things will have to be rejigged again, so back to nvidia...and again, etc. Whether or not they want to do that for the small amount of users, who knows...maybe they already contacted them...again, who knows...

3. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Please check you Vram usage. Your graphics card seems to run out of it what causes framedrops down to 2.

By the way. I have no problem to lower the track detail settings but even on low the performance is worse than on other tracks with high setting so I can't get 60fps and thats while daylight without rain. I will buy a faster Gpu in the next few month but generally even the fastest one, isn't fast enough to run a full grid at all track conditions with 60fps and even when the Gpu is fast enough you can run in an Cpu overload without deactivating multimonitor setting and reducing shadows to low on all tracks, what means, that there is no cpu on market that's fast enough to run all time with 60fps because 6 core CPUs doesn't brings any advantage. Often I only got 40-45 fps with an overclocked 3770k @4.5ghz with 2400mhz RAM while the Gpu usage stays at 75% so yes the engine needs an overhaul or better we need Rfactor 3 with Dx12. [emoji12]

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2016
  4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

This is clear, that my gfx card is running out of vram. The question is, why happened this with this track and why not with others e.g. Toban Long.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There's more 'stuff' in the track. That sounds vague, but that's really all there is to it.

6. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Superb track Woochoo. Not having the issues with framerates like some & my PC isn't overly quick...
    Love the night lights. Should make for great racing... Been waiting for a while for a top notch Suzuka. Thanks again... :)

7. Andregee

Andregee Registered

That's why you saved money by not buying the Titan X instead of the 980ti [emoji12] [emoji23]
    I would reduce the texture setting oder antialiasing level
    Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2016
  8. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

Very happy driving on this stunning track. I was greeted with the 2-4 FPS hit with track details at Medium, but at Low I'm getting the regular frame rate I get at all other tracks.

What I find especially nice about this track is that the LOD seems to be very high, which means that there is absolutely NO POPPING in/out of anything (trees, fences, signs), not even with the mirrors. I think this is the first time I've seen this in any track in rF2 and maybe even in any SIM I have. And I suspect that's why there is a noticeable FPS hit at anything higher than Low track detail.

Absolutely love this track!!

Thanks woochoo

9. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I'm most likely also running out of vram. Fps doesn't drop below 60 but still it looks like 10-20 sometimes. GTX 690 is a low end card these days :p Probably a mid range card with 4GB would perform extremely much better, especially since I have never been able to use both my GPU's in rfactor. One thing is for sure, I'm never ever getting multiple GPU's again :rolleyes:

10. ucfquattroguy

ucfquattroguy Registered

Ran a race with 25 Flat6 AI last night with the same graphics settings as all other tracks. Nothing really stuck out as overwhelming for my system at any point during the race. Frames were no lower than about 60fps at the start. Only got better from there. GTX 500series GPU.

For what it's worth, a few weeks back I turned off FXAA and gained a bunch of frames (15-25). Visual quality increased, if anything (no more blurred white lines in the distance, etc.). I am running 3x "regular" AA.

11. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Thanks for the responses :) I'm glad so many people are enjoying it

For anyone using the lower detail levels or looking to tune their performance, I dug though my work notes and found what should be a pretty accurate description of what objects are removed at each detail level. The High and Medium levels are designed for users who are nearly able to run at max level but do suffer some small slowdowns. The Low level removes a lot more detail and should help systems that are really struggling.

Removed from each detail level:
    <MAX> nothing is removed - it's all there
    <HIGH> Fence Advertising, Camera Scaf, CCTV cams
    <MEDIUM> Small Sponsor Gantries, Super Screens, TSO Spectator Cars, Power Distribuition Boxes
    <LOW> TSO Support Vehicles, Telehandlers/Cranes, Crowds, Tents,Terrain Steps, Sponsor Billboards, Hairpin Tower, Some Buildings, Power Poles, Light Glows, Tyre Stacks, Outer Fences

No objects are replaced with lower resolution meshes or textures at any of the levels. It's simply a case of object being removed.

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks, for your advises, woochoo. Just want to report, the huge framedrop after T2, followed by a massive stutterer, happen with all track detail settings, even with low. With track detail low, the stutterer is rarely noticeable, FPS went down from 130 to 100.

13. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Thanks Juergen,
    I found that the layout of the track made it more difficult to optimise than somewhere like Longford (which had it's own challenges anyway).

Having long stretches of road and long sight lines is difficult enough, but when there is another section of track near by, it becomes even more important to not render things that can't be seen from one area, but also to render things that can be seen. On top of that, sometimes the sight lines are different on those opposite sides of the track, in a way which makes it almost (or actually?) impossible to have it work perfectly in both directions.

On Matsusaka, those types of places are T2 and through the esses, which are close to the startline/pits area. And the T7-Degner sections are close to 130R/ the chicanes, and obviously the cross over section. Those two areas were particularly difficult to deal with, and there was only so much i could do without small and large objects popping up. The T12/West Pits area was another area like that, and performance was really suffering there as well, but i managed to reorganise how things were working to get the performance much closer to the better performing areas.

It's the nature of that circuit (having two parts of circuit close together, in several places) which was as big of a problem as anything. The performance was evened out (improving the lowest performing areas) a lot in the final months of the project, but some areas are still uneven due to proximity. I reached the point where I think the only further optimisations would come from reducing draw-distances to the point where a lot of objects would be popping in, which would have annoyed a lot of people as well.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    SPOILER BELOW - Don't read it if you like illusions, because it isn't magic
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    To get an idea of how brutally I tried to optimise the circuit, drive a lap in the reverse direction, and you will see A LOT of objects popping in. Some of them very close to the car. The optimisation was entirely aimed at increasing performance when traveling in the correct direction :D

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks for the deep explanation. And, yes, i did read below :p

15. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

First of all, thanks for this track. Considering the fact that this track was built in the 60s you get an idea why the driver plays such an important role. It is a really challenging track, lots of long sweeping highspeed corners and no room for mistakes. I gave the endurance version a go, though I could only drive there on my own and it looked astonishing.

As mentioned by other players, this track is really heavy on performance. I have a bit of a two-sided opinion about this topic when it comes games. First of all I think that both the artistic side and the performance side should have some kind of standard. This is pretty easy to achieve in FPS games or games in general where you place a certain amount of objects in a predefined area. At the same time it is important to understand that this same principle will never apply to racing tracks or the replication of real locations in a simulation. Comparing Toban, where the developer has pretty much free hand of placing objects where he likes to and Suzuka, which has a very characteristic layout with different important land marks is quite useless. You will never get tracks like Mores and Nordschleife to look and run the same way for quite obvious reasons. So given the fact that I don't have the strongest system anyway, I am happy to do a few clicks before I hit the Race. You don't have to restart the sim whatsoever, so it is not really a big deal.

On the topic of RRRE and other game comparisons: in the past I had far more trouble to run it as smooth as rF2, same as I have more trouble running AC with smooth framerates while driving with AI or in MP in general, when other people say AC is the smoothest and best looking game on earth. It is very difficult to achieve a good and smooth experience for a single product across different platforms and systems. And considering the fact that RRRE and AC are static environments you get an idea, why they have better performance in general and more artistic freedom for cars and in some cases the tracks. At the end those comparisons are pointless.

16. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Why are you running the track in Dev Mode?

17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

To get MIN/MAX/AVG...

18. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Wow. I love this track. There is so much focus on lovely details. Just forgot how to exit the game because of can't stop driving the track with the lmp1 cars. Did the same as with Longford. Some slow laps to discover all the details of this masterpiece. The night lighting is great. Thank you so much

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

19. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

No, it definatelly shouldn't take that long.

20. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Saying "small amount of users" you must be joking. Nvidia is the world's largest graphics card manufacturer and has approximately 70% of the sales. Nvdia game profile is not only SLI profile which you seem to believe it is. There is definite optimization that will suddenly flick like a switch and give improved game experience and FPS to all Nvidia card owners including your EVGA 750i SLI FTW.

Again, NVidia profile (rFactor2 Mod Mode.exe, rFactor2.exe) is created 2011-09-22. Nvidia has released hole bunch of new drivers after release of rF2 and none of them gives you satisfying fps, scaling to achieve normal game experience with Nvidia cards.
    rFactor2 is fine game and it is same to see that so many people are experiencing all kind of issues with Nvidia cards and I know from the fact that many don`t play this game be course they feel that it is difficult to get satisfying performance and fps out of it and I hope that we can get ASP updated NVidia profile (rFactor2 Mod Mode.exe, rFactor2.exe)

2ndLastJedi likes this.