Material.dlt DLL loading error MAX 2010

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Simon Peace, May 25, 2012.

1. Simon Peace

Simon Peace Registered

View attachment 2538

I just downloaded build 89, and copied the appropriate files from the "tools" folder to 3ds Max... I get the error above.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

2. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Did you copy over the new coreshaders.mas as well?

3. Simon Peace

Simon Peace Registered

yes i took that from Moddev\Shared after the update dated 15/5/2012

4. Turb

Turb Registered

5. Simon Peace

Simon Peace Registered

can someone help me... by looking at the other threads it looks like having the unpacked coreshaders from rF1 is the problem...

I don't need them unpacked, but for some reason ended up with them unpacked in the HardwareShaders directory.

I am not sure which files to remove.

That is my query now, which files should I remove from HardwareShaders directory?

6. Simon Peace

Simon Peace Registered

used MAS editor to check contents of old CoreShaders.Mas and have deleted those files from my HardwareShaders Directory.

7. freew67

freew67 Registered

I get the same error with Max 2009 and 2010. I will let the powers that be know.

8. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

The new plugins works good in max 2010. Copy the new plugins and CoreShaders.mas.
    The new CoreShaders have more shaders.

Edit: Now i can add objects in "Reflection Mapper" no crash. ( I have only two objects marked "reflect" in Instance but when press the button to add objects to list i see all objects?

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2012
  9. freew67

freew67 Registered

I did use both the new plugins and coreshaders.mas. Now, I will double check. :)

10. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

the plugin version is 2.52i right?

11. freew67

freew67 Registered

12. freew67

freew67 Registered

The plugin guru told me I should have paid attention in class. I removed the rf1 shaders and Max loaded right up. I just dumped the rf1 coreshaders in a folder and played the matching game. Worked in 2009 also.

13. marcatore

marcatore Registered

could you ask to the plugin guru if it is possible to add the changelog for the 3dsmax plugin into the main changelog??

Or, at least, write a txt file with the changelog
    Thanks in advance

14. Mir3k

Mir3k Registered

Hey Guys...

Same problem here as original post and after trying all of the above I still cant get Material.dlt to fire up.

Worth mentioning I am still on an XP (SP3) box, which I realize is below recommended specs but listed as supported, and generally I'm a Mac user so a little Windows challenged.

I just got in on this beta thing so only ever ran build 85.

Is anyone on XP and got this thing working?

Cheers

edit:
    I just tried the supplied plugins in 3ds max 9 and they work fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  15. Radar

Radar Registered

I have the same problem and with Build 90.. Sure I could use the other Material.dlt but aren't we meant to be updating our Max with the latest versions ??

16. Radar

Radar Registered

Ok.. I tried the Max 9 as Mir3K did (I'm using Max 2010) and I get error Converter.dlu, Material and Texture failed to initialize. Error code 127 (error message for each of the plugins).

Using the correct Max 2010 versions I get error Material.dlt failed to initialize. Error code 998. It's the only error, I don't get any other errors (for Converter or texture)...

17. Mir3k

Mir3k Registered

Radar... If I understand it correctly then you used Max 9 plugins inside max 2010 which is not going to work... I actually used the supplied RF2 Max 9 plugins inside 3ds Max 9.

My problem is fixed... and it was RF1 CoreShaders extracted in my 'hardwareshaders' folder... which is odd as I don't remeber using Max 2010 for modding... anyways... Radar check your 'hardwareshaders' folder and if you have any files that begin with PS11_, PS20_, VS11_, VS20_, then that might be your problem.

18. Radar

Radar Registered

No, I used the Max 9 plugins from rF2 and they didn't work.. Trying the Max 10 plugins from rF2 with removing of the PS11_, PS20_, VS11_, VS20_ and now it's saying errors for each of the PS11 etc etc etc.. Placing them back into the folder now..

I use the cmd file (mianiak - http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1636-cmd-script-toggle-ISI-tools-between-rF1-and-rF2 ) to run between rF1 shaders etc, then 2 for rf2 shaders once I'm happy with what I want to covert. It worked on Build 69 I never tried Build 85 with it. I will try previous version to see what I get.

Well I deleted my previous builds so now I will have to wait till the issue is fixed for me to run rf2 tools.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
  19. freew67

freew67 Registered

Correct, it did work with previous builds. It will not work with this build as of right now. I have no idea if that will change in the future. I suggest just create a folder in the hardwareshaders folder and drop all of the rf1 coreshaders.mas files in there. That way its easy access when needed. Remove the rf1 cs.mas files and the rf2 plugs should work.

20. Radar

Radar Registered

Should work but no..

I did what you said, removed the shaders (placed in a new folder within Hardware Shaders as you said) and using the current Build 90 materials, Coreshaders, Texture and converter I still get an error.. Message is 'Error opening vertex shader file VS11_BLINNBUMP.VSH'.

I put this file in there, and then it gives me the same error but asking for a different VS11 or PS11 file. Once I have all the files it asks for, it returns back with the Material file error.

View attachment 2893

The coreshaders are the Build 90 version..

Do I need to remove other files in that Hardware Shaders folder ??