Matchmaker doesn't show servers < current build

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by cosimo, Jun 27, 2014.

1. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Again, not a bug, actually I really like this change!

As I understand it, MM won't show any server with build number less than the current build.

There are probably more changes to the MM but so few servers are online now,
    so it's difficult to infer what the changes are about.

2. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

There was a major API change between builds 660 and this build. As such all builds greater than 660 will be on the matchmaker that 767 is using. So all foreseeable updates will use this new matchmaker. Eventually as people move from 660 to a newer build this new matchmaker will be more populated.

3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

MM do not work, 767 dedicated 64 seems to work but lobby has message: USER SESSION EXPIRED
    If I shut down dedicated and game, rejoin lobby I can see 3 test servers online with grater then 660 build.

4. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

That should not happen. Are you starting the simulation out side of the Launcher?

5. Miro

Miro Registered

I've tried that also and had the same issue.

I've hosted my own mod. Then I went to "manage mods" and coosen the mod I hosted and after I was able to see my game server.

EDIT:

AT this moment I am hosting a server called "skippysil", can you guys/anybody see the server?
    I had the same thing again, I couldn't see it. Then went to "manage mods" clicked a few times back and forth between the mod and "all cars/all tracks" and it worked after a few tries. But have to add that first I only could see the server but couldn't join and after this back and forth clicking it worked somehow.

I really have no idea if this is known or relevant or as designed now but it seems just worth to be mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
  6. DocJones

DocJones Registered

I can see your server Mrslfrsl, and it's yellow instead of red like the other servers running different builds, but I don't get a 'Mod' to download the vmod from your server. Sure that's set up correctly?

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

No but I tested dedicated 64-and 32bit out side and inside of launcher and I get same error.
    I have fresh instal of rf2, vmod I made is ISI C6R, track is Malaysia.

8. TJones

TJones Registered

Just had the same issue the first time now.
    "Refresh" didn't help (tried 5-6 times), restart multiplayer (3 tries) also dindn't help, but restart launcher and multiplayer instantly worked for me.

9. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Was the launcher active for awhile? Same thing happens to me when the launcher is open for a while.

10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes it is similar for me too but I have Grayed join bottom issue also.

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I've set my launcher to close when I launch the game. It at least save me the step of closing the launcher when my session times out. It would be cool if the auth token was updated when you click the MP button in the launcher. This way it would always have a fresh token to pass to the game. You would still have to close the game to get a new token from time to time though.

12. TJones

TJones Registered

Again got that "USER SESSION EXPIRED" issue after the launcher was active for about 1,5 hours.
    And just like before, restart of launcher solved it instantly.

Couldn't find a build767 server to try join button so far, just those 5 build768 servers.

13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Now it works but when I am hosting from Launcher and go to online race, lobby has message: USER SESSION EXPIRED, if I exit from lobby and shut down Launcher, RS , online race, I can join my server.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014