Maserati Trofeo GranTurismo MC Series

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Tommy78, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canastos

canastos Registered

thanks, Tommy :D

byyyyyyyyye

2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Umm, yeah, I am not Tommy ;)
    To make things worse, for unknown reason I thought the car is in GT4 spec. but now, after reading through Tommy's first post it looks like it is more like a regular cup (and in 2012 spec) so... forget what I said (albeit that's a "low aero downforce car" for sure) and we better both wait for Tommy :)
    Cheers

3. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

When the series started, the car was almost a standard car, no rear wing, so nothing extra aero packages. Just different suspension and brakes and the safety standard.
    And in 2012 tha car got an aero packages new ecu and the car was 2 second faster per lap. This year the car modified again, more power more downforce and less weight. So the car now has a GT4 spec standard.

4. KernigWRC

KernigWRC Registered

Are you working on the 2013 version?

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

just copy the address :p

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I did that of course. Just posted so that it was corrected. I would like to have the first post links ok if it was my thread and it is already corrected.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 usando Tapatalk 2

8. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Corrected yesterday. Thanks for the info.

9. maxredbull

maxredbull Registered

Hello Tommy, already a big applause for this mod is great! I like ^^
    is there a template of the car?

10. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Released the template for the Maserati.
    Download link on my site.

11. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hi Tommy!

Many thanks for this update.

This mod was one of the first I've installed in rf2 (don't know exactly think it was rf2 build 110 or a earlier version).
    At this time rf2 was knew for me and my driving skill and expirience was very small.
    It was very hard for me to hold the car on the track and ofter some testing I gave up.
    Yesterday I installed the update and it was a completly different expirience :)
    Im resume this is a result of the updated mod and my better knowledge about setup and driving style and equipement.
    Some points I noticed:

- I really like the physics after some tweaking the setup in my way the car was very tweaky but most time I was able to catch the slides. I really like this kind of cars.
    Well done :)
    - I like the engine sound on idle it sounds very dirty :D
    - the cockpit texture are very very nice!
    - lcd view in cockpit is great all all I must know is there and visible in a good way.

Some wishes for the future:

- I don't know how difficult it is to improve the sound for full throttle. It sounds to me a little bit to synthetic.
    - Inside the cockpit the roll over case texture looks not so good as the rest of the cockpit. Is it possible to give them a more steel look ?
    - I drive with tripple screen 5880 x 1050 and FOV 23. With this setting I'm not able to look in the middle rear mirror because the seat position is to much in front and the the mirror is to high. I drive with track IR so I can handle this but I must raise my head to see the mirror. (for example in gp79 there is in the options a extra tripple view setting available to solve this. yes I know they have no rear middle mirror but in GP79 it's the same thing with the side mirrors :)
    - Maybe this caused due my gfx settings but the braking lights gloss very weak.

So again many thanks for sharing this mod with us :)
    Looking forward to some server running this mode.

PS: Sometime I don't understand all the discussions arround modder holding content back because ....
    The first version of this mod was released very early and what I can see Tommy works alone.
    You really have my respect.
    I hope many follow your example!

12. Tiago Guerreiro

Tiago Guerreiro Registered

I wonder who made this3d model......... :confused: No info until now, so please the author of the mod could add some info to it.

EDIT: so Tommy78 will i answer the question or ill i wait for yours?! In fact i already know the answer, i only think the author of the mod could´ve been more explicit in first place...... I also think if this mod has the right to be published here in isi forum, the rest of the eligal mods have also the same right......

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
  13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Indeed, please confirm source. Thanks.

14. MrWalton

MrWalton Registered

it seem´s it goes little crazy here.
    Another forum for those announcement could be a solution.
    No Problems with isi then, but the problems with the comunity will be alive couse we have now sim race sherif´s in this game.
    :D
    i think one of the most importend think in rf2. Hope the sherifs didn´t work in rf1 couse then we can close the rfactor sim race community.

15. gpfan

gpfan Registered

If this mod can be posted here than every mod with conversions of comercial 3d models can also be anounced here To!!!! If one have the right To do than everyone hás the same right dont you think??!! It's a matter of equal rights for all!!!

I'm 100 % sure this model is from Forza4 and the author knew about this and was Very quiet about the fact, anyway when i do a mod i always give credits To the original owners. The silence of the OP says it all...

16. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

+1 Thank's

@ gpfan

Zitat: "The silence of the OP say it all..."

Such a assumption again!!!

- He could be in holiday!
    - He could be in hospital!
    - He could be dead!

- or it does not matter to him!

And now, we can give up on Hockenheim... and we will still use rF2-Beta the next 10 years.

Congrats Thank's!

Hang Loose

Andy

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

...and why should we believe you? you seem to have an issue with this when it does'nt affect your personal life in the slightest. You seem intent on hurting the original poster and even go to the lengths of having two forum accounts to do so.

What's to stop anyone saying the exact same for every mod released? is Tim/ISI then going to demand proof of every mod that gets announced in this forum?

You could be right, you could be wrong, personally I dont give a rats bottom but maybe next time you accuse someone of ripping then you do so privatley to ISI and not to get yourself the attention you crave so much.

18. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

@ Tommy78

rsrf.de has free web-space on ftp-server for you... ;-)

Cheers Andy

19. gpfan

gpfan Registered

I don´t need to prove anything to you dude.... i know what i´m talking about, and if you read my post you will understand and maybe your comment could be avoid......

And what your saying about the account is stupid, every time i post you see the that Tiago Guerreiro is gpfan and vice versa, i´m not hiding anything...... the issue here i not me, please take in account the RULEs of this forum and REPECT THEM!!!!!

LIKE I sAID BEFORE THIs I A QUEsTION OF EQUAL RIGHTs!!!!

I know very well what´s a forza model, i´m the creator of Blancpain Endurance series 2012 and i use frequently those models to convert them to rfactor and this mod is a conversion of forza model!!!!!

20. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

I have a few relatively minor issues with this mod. I love the way the car drives, physics seem good and ffb is spot on. The model, wherever it came from, looks really good. But I have 2 problems that I can't seem to figure out how to resolve.

*Nevermind question 1, I just found List View in the top-left corner of that menu. Solved the issue*
    First, I don't like how the vehicles get scattered around the vehicle selection menu. All other cars are sorted together...the different variations of the cars are right next to each other, but not the Maserati. They aren't listed by alphabetical order, so there are Maseratis every other car. Is there any way to sort the vehicles in this screen, so that all of the Maseratis are listed together? Like filenames that I can change, or anything in game that will sort them out?

Secondly, and unfortunately the main reason I can't drive the car more often, is that the cockpit visually 'shakes' when going any significant speed. It's hard to describe without a video, but it is almost as if the 'Head Movement' option is always on 100% with this car only (I have it set to 0% for all cars btw) and exaggerated. No other car in the game, mod or ISI, shakes like this, and I don't feel that it is a realistic effect. In fact, it shakes so bad that it makes it basically impossible for me to drive in cockpit view. In the outside views, it doesn't do this, only in cockpit. Is there anything I can do to drastically reduce this violent shaking effect on this car, or is it simply intrinsic to this mod and would require an update by the modder?

Thanks for the mod, it really is a great car and I love driving it. I would enjoy the mod much more if I can sort out the 2 issues above. Thanks to everyone for their help in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.