mas utility not saving

Discussion in 'Component and Mod Packaging' started by matt ransley, May 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. matt ransley

matt ransley Registered

Hi guys,

I was making some changes to the .veh file, team name, driver name, repacking the mas and everything worked fine.
    I went to do more this morning, doing the exact same process, but now al the changes seem to be reverting to the default .veh.

Do you have any idea why this is ??? I only went to sleep and now it's deciding not to save anything !!

Very confused.

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Have you modified an existimg .mas?
    You can't do this.
    You have to create your own update of the car (rfcmp)

3. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

depends afaik on the type of mas. Changing for example a skin-mas should be work fine. I do this all the time.

4. lagg

lagg Registered

But are the DLCs redownloaded?
    I think so, but i'm not sure.

5. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

i meant 3rd-party skins, sorry. Original-skins should be reverted, you are right

lagg likes this.
  6. lagg

lagg Registered

The OP doesn't specify the content.
    Then both things are ok ;)

Manfredk2 likes this.
  7. matt ransley

matt ransley Registered

Thanks for the replys guys. So I have been changing team names and driver names for the NGTC mod. I have modded the names and number in the .dds files too with no issues - I have been doing this for a looooong time (buzzzinghornet.com !) This has been working fine, no issues at all...until this morning. Something seems to have happened since switching my PC off ????

8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

NGTC is a workshop item so you have to make an update. Try copying the mas with the skins/veh-files to your desktop or some other folder, make your changes to the veh, put htem back in the mas and then save the mas. Generate an update with the MAS2-tool

9. matt ransley

matt ransley Registered

Thanks for the replies. So it seems I can change only some of the cars in the NGTC mod. The Astra, BMW, Mercedes, Focus RS seem to be the only vehicles where any changes to the .mas file are saved. A

Any changes to Chevrolet, Subaru, MG do not see to save. After making changes to the .mas then starting up rFactor2 the changes are reverted !