Mas File (Ordner) verändern

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 General Discussion' started by Luprosx, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Ich hab mal versucht bei der Corvette ZR1 (0.98) Mod die Haubensicht zu verstellen. Ich möchte die so haben wie bei der original Corvette von ISI.
    Die Mas2.exe ist ja in rF2 enthalten, das geht prima. Aussuchen und umwandeln. Nun konnte ich die umgewandelte Mas Datei bearbeiten, (so wie in rF1 auch).
    Wie muss ich denn nun die umgewandelte Datei wieder zurück bringen ins Game, damit diese auch funktioniert? Zurück-gewandelt hab ich noch zusammen gebracht aber nun ist der Mod nicht mehr im Auswähl-Launcher zu finden.
    Was mach ich da falsch?

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I don't speak German, hopefully you know English.

If you extract a mas file, change some files and then add them back to the mas files it will break the component because the MD5 hashes will no longer match the hashes in the MFT file. Here is what you need to do to make it work.

First install the rfcmp you want to play with. Now go into the installed folder and make a copy of the component folder to an area outside your Installed folder. Now extract the mas file you want to play with, make your changes. Then drag the changed files back into the mas file and then rebuild the rfcmp file. The easiest way to rebuild the rfcmp is with my new component builder tool which you can find here:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19023-Component-Builder

Once you have my tool setup you can repack the rfcmp by double clicking on the MFT file, then change the version number or name if you want and then click the package button. You will then find a new rfcmp file in the same folder as the MFT file. You can then install that rfcmp with the modmgr and then it will show up in the game with your changes.

Making lots of changes is a pain using this method. If you plan to do extensive changes to a mod I suggest looking into DevMode. In DevMode you don't have to repackage a car to test your changes. DevMode is more link rF1. You can download DevMode here:
    http://rfactor.net/web/getfile/rfactor-2-sdk/

The installer looks just like the normal installer. You can put it in it's own folders or right over the top of your existing install.

3. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Mas File

Danke für die schnelle Antwort.

Alles sehr kompliziert. In rF1 war das einfacher!