Marussia vs fRenault vs GP2

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by williang83, Nov 19, 2013.

1. williang83

williang83 Registered

Guys,

i'm curious to know what are your impressions and final thoughts about those cars compared to each other.

For me, the best one is formula renault (just because i hate DRS). The GP2 seems to be to light, i almost get no feedback from the wheel. I can drive them and i'm faster than AI at 95 % but i still find it too "light" in terms of feedback.
    Of course the marussia is amazing but against the renault it is easier to overdrive them specially when you accelerate out of a corner.
    That said do you know how to disable DRS in all tracks?

2. datanode

datanode Registered

Hope you mean F2 Williams turbo car ? I don't have a favourite between the formula2 or the r3.5 but prefer them to the Marussia. Although that is just due to seat time. I do love the Marussia too, just don't spend as much time with it anymore.

3. datanode

datanode Registered

Probably like the f2 because the car I track day has a turbo charged race spec engine.

4. williang83

williang83 Registered

my fault but i meant that XD

5. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

There are only 2 issues about rF2 that bug me, and one of those is the Formula 2 FFB (the other is the static reflections on some windshields, I just don't like them.) I really want to love this car, it 'feels' really good physics-wise, isn't too much to handle like the Marussia, it sounds superb and is overall a great car. The feedback in it is frankly terrible to me.

Like you said, the ffb is too light, and I find it completely dead in the corners. With every single other car in game, I run a ffb multiplier between 0.65 and 0.80 and they feel wonderful. The F2 I can run at 1.0 or above and still feel nothing when turning into a tight corner. Maybe this car has power-steering, and feels just like that in real-life, but in a sim it just doesn't work for me.

The Formula 3.5 I think is a little more fun than the Marussia. I'm not sure I could quantify why, it just is. Maybe it's the FFB, the physics, the fact that they are slightly easier to drive, or it might even be that they look 10x better than F1 cars. They sound better too, imo. Of course, I'm not saying the Marussia is bad, far from it, but I simply like the F3.5s the most. Until the DW12 is released, that is.

6. williang83

williang83 Registered

update me please, what is DW12?.

UPDATE: nevermind, already saw. But you seem to be so sure that the dw12 will overtake f3.5 in terms of fun. Is there a reason? did i miss something?

7. datanode

datanode Registered

Dan wheldon designed Indy car. Before he was tragically killed he was helping improve the chassis for safety.

I don't mind the light feedback. Push it and it rewards you. It is IMO as light as it should be. Isn't there a big discussion about this at the moment in another thread?

I do wonder about the amount of feedback that you would get from the tyres, but if it had power steering then maybe that is fine?

8. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

I wouldn't say I'm 'sure' that the DW12 will be much more fun, it's just that I'm more interested in that particular vehicle personally. I certainly hope that ISI gets it right, and I have high hopes that they will, but it's just a personal matter more than anything. I imagine someone that is more interested in F1 than Indycar is going to think the Marussia is more fun than the DW12, for instance.

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I feel the same and it's such a shame. I just can't stand the feel of the car and never drive it anymore, even though I've really tried to get to like it.

Couldn't someone "just" mod the ffb I'm wondering? Don't know the first thing about modding, but still?

10. williang83

williang83 Registered

Honestly my post was nothing about some sort of criticism. Maybe that how it meant to be

11. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I'd drive the FR3.5 if the onscreen wheel matched my physical wheel.

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Disable it and use your own, way better

13. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

This car has custer 2.5 degrees, so easy to rotate the wheel =)

I also like the WSR 3.5