Marussia MR01 GP Car v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 17, 2013.

1. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

Logitech momo Racing 62% brake pedal ;) works for me, but after a couple of laps is when you start to play better still, and FFB also works very well, I made some adjustments and curve Biassono in monza and feel great in the bumps

2. shum94

shum94 Registered

Inertia Tim always felt light to me in lot of mods or ISI content in rFactor platform. I don't deny the calculations resulting like a 1100 kg car = 800, 950, 600 kg in the hdv file (dont take this values seriously, it's just an exemple).

I'm questionning the mass restransmission in ISI engine, maybe for I to be happy it would requier 1 kg right now in the engine = 1.1 kg

This subject is complicated, it's hard to be clear. Point being if this marussia is 900 kg in the hdv, i'd be curious to run it with + 100 kg added in the inertias values.

Edit : these physics looks better :

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2013
  3. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Jesus, from where this number comes from? This is the divination land! So, I conclude the Marussia drivers are the best in whole world, because they lap 3% slower than RB/Ferrari with 50% less downforce.

4. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Here's mine:

Head Movement set to 50 % (like yours)

Cockpit Vibration Mult1="0.50000"
    Cockpit Vibration Freq1="15.50000"
    Cockpit Vibration Mult2="0.50000"
    Cockpit Vibration Freq2="18.50000"
    Car Vibration Mult1="0.50000"
    Car Vibration Mult2="0.50000"

Last two lines helped with this Marussia. Engine is still causing some vibration but it's not that bad as it first was. I have 27" screen pretty close to my eyes so need to tune those down.

I know it's probably very realistic not being able to see properly when driving these vehicles because of bumps, vibrations, etc. so I personally try to find compromise between immersion and personal welfare. :)

Great vehicle BTW! Incredibly difficult to master but still very fun. Probably needs some gurus to create better setups.

5. ifrans

ifrans Registered

The car is great! have been racing this afternoon and was able to be quite consistent in times, when you get to know how to drive it it's fantastic! Love it to be taking care of the tires and brakes, just like the real thing:)

6. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

thank you for this car!!it feels great,brakes are great for me :),but the tires are different and alot better,i dont know what they did with tires but i think is right direction what they did.now i can use very low filter for my g25 :),curbs feels right,grass...all the things wich before was killing my g25 are now good with this tires..thank you again

7. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Thanks! Btw, have you abandoned Torrent as distribution mechanism now?

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

For small files, yes. It's easy enough to get a mirror up fairly quickly.

9. 88mphTim

You cannot expect the same weight in motion from every F1 car though. You just seemingly prefer cars with more downforce, and more weight when in motion, if I am understanding you correctly.

10. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

These physics look like just more understeer car to me, that's all.

11. pas74

pas74 Registered

you' re right!

at the moment this is the best f1 simulated car ever made....

best physics, best ffb, looks brilliant!
    (maybe the sound is not at the top)

COME ON ISI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's the way.....ahaa ahaa!!... i like it.......... ahaa ahaa !!!!!!!!!

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Yep thumbs up from me, alot going on to contend with -tire wear ( gosh I didn't realise they went off so quickly )

ISI are producing the very very best content in simracing at the moment

-----------------------------------------

P.s if a demo is about to be released please don't release with a replay feature ( unless tripple screen replay enabled )

13. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Best car so far. Truly amazing!

14. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Just did the first few laps, really well done guys :)

I'm surprised how stable it is, even with high full load. What I also really liked is the difference between qualifying full load and race fuel load, the difference was so big that I actually needed to adjust brake bias for heavy braking corners, dig that!

Couple of things I hope :)
    - mentioned before, the display, the flag lights are something racecontrol is using to communicate flags to the driver. Meaning, teams nor driver can touch these lights and use them for DRS lights.
    - the sounds, I really hope you guys negoiated sound recordings, the sound really takes the car down
    - antistall, first time I saw this somewhere!
    - steering wheel and cockpit, love the detail

Lastly, when will we be able to use all the features on the steering wheel? In the Formula 2 topic you stated that whatever is possible on the real car should be accessible to us. Does this 'promise' still hold?

Before I forget, turn off the horn!!!!

Going to watch the race now, awesome work lads :)

15. shum94

shum94 Registered

I talk about how visually the engine makes the mass (the F1) with G Force moving.
    It's like in sim a F1 is a rocket and that's it.

Ferrari virtual academy is the best thing i saw in simracing, even if i'm never happy with it.

16. 88mphTim

FVA is probably quite realistic, but it is simulating a very, very different car in almost every way. Again, I'm trying to understand that rocket description, so if I am missing something, let me know...

17. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Think he's talking about a feel of acceleration missing or not being what he expects it to be, that might be a low fov thing though :)

18. 88mphTim

The Clio should be on three wheels in some situations, most of the time I lift the inside REAR tire, which you can find plenty of footage of the real cars doing, if you want to.

Here is Pirelli's own explanation for it, showing pretty much exactly the same thing you have a problem with. 17s into the video. 47s talks about understeer, but you should also note that your steering angle is too large, you're causing most of the understeer you have.

And Kimi Raikkonen's 2012 qualifying lap, where at 17s again you can see the inside wheel lift off. At 47s you can see on this video also the inside tire has a very different rate than the outside.

Interesting to see your video on Youtube has already turned people off, based on the fact we have a realistic simulation. But anyway... Enjoy the videos.

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I watch the f1 but after trying this MR01 I'm starting to view f1's in a sightly different way,

Take this MR01 sim car around maylasia & keep the tire temp/wear gauge on, the tires wear quickly so smoothness is the key ( something I have to master!)

-Then take a look on YouTube (the video landfill site) onboard qualifying at maylasia & take note how the driver is trying to be as smooth as possible -noticed this much more than ever before, these MR01 sim cars really dp seem to move like the real thing

Still didnt realise how fast these tires actually wear out

20. 88mphTim

Yeah, I had the same thing hit me after a few eye opening conversations a couple of years ago. The guys at the back of the grid work pretty hard. It should make the sport more interesting for you, though, as now when you watch and see the Marussia, Caterham and STR cars drifting around a turn, where a Ferrari is planted, you know why. (Although a badly balanced car can suffer like it has low downforce, when it doesn't - I'm looking at this years Williams when I say that).

That kind of education really opens up the sport. You can become a fan of a team, and spot driver talent that you might not have noticed before. Same reason why having historic cars is great... I learned about the history of F1 only because of Grand Prix Legends. The sim came first, and my interest grew from that.