Marussia MR01 GP Car v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 17, 2013.

1. lemming77

lemming77 Registered

Fantastic car! Having loads of fun with it! It's also a good example of the publicity something like this has for Marussia. Before today, I wasn't much of a Marussia fan, but after sharing this car with us, and having so much fun with it, how can I not be? :)

I'm struggling with wheelspin in the first few gears, but I realize I'm not fully adapted to Formula 1 cars as a driver. So that's something I still need to learn to resolve myself, through setup and my own driving.

There's some things I'm curious about though, just some small questions that won't affect my opinion.

1) How exactly does the anti-stall mechanism work? Is it something that can be observed while driving?

2) There are two LCD displays on the steering wheel on either side of the gear indicator, which don't seem to do anything. Shouldn't these be showing my speed, lap times, fuel level, or something along those lines?

3) I think a lot of sports cars these days use torsion bars in place of coil springs in each corner. Is this the case with the MR01? And if so, is this reflected in rF2?

Great work, guys! Having a lot of fun driving it, and looking forward to racing it too! :)

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Well Empty I did quite a few laps last night at Sepang, about 40 odd iirc and never noticed any of what your saying there at all mate...

F1 cars do lift wheels pretty regularly, and those lifted wheels will stop spinning when braking... I know your saying it was doing this with no brakes being applied and it certainly is strange to see the tyre/wheel going backwards in your video, yes, but I never noticed any of this as I`ve said.

I did noticed the unloaded wheel stop whilst braking and turning, certainly at turn two but never noticed any of the other behaviour you have come across...

I drove with a completely default setup apart from adding a turn of front wing and was left with the impression that this is one of the best F1 sim cars I`ve driven, period!

I`ve also not noticed any of this locking up that you and some other guys have been mentioning either :confused:

The brakes are definitely pretty sensitive but totally manageable imo... I never squared off any of my tyres at all (yet lol)

Obviously much more testing to be done and if I notice any of the stuff you have, then I`ll post about it but I haven`t so far.

I really like this car. It`s also a first release of it and the guys were working their butts off to get it to us so there`s bound to be a few bugs and things that might not be totally as they should be... yet...

3. Capeta

Capeta Registered

After more laps, I still need to work on the car to gain stability at low speed.
    A lot of interest in the way the tires works.
    You can be very consistent by not pushing too much.
    I you want to do a fast lap, you'll lost at least 0.7 sec the lap after without understand.

4. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

why the FFB is at low speed so weak?
    The same in Formula 2 :(

5. LeChuck

LeChuck Registered

There´s a bug with wet tires? I noticed yesterday that inters where faster than full wet, and someone on VirtualR posted: "Just wondering. I went out on wet tires and it wont handle for beans but I can go out on slick tires and it handles fantastic in the wet. Is this just my problem or is it a bug"

I think there´s a bug. Anyway, great car!! very good. Improve the sounds please!

6. Capeta

Capeta Registered

I don't feel the same FFB in the F2 or the MR01.
    And I love the F2. :p

7. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

FFB (Power at low speeds!!!!!!!!!) is much better in example,

Skip Barber, Renault, Nissan.

8. LallerHUN

LallerHUN Registered

It is because of the power steering. If you drive at low speed, the downforce is much less so you could turn the wheel much easier.
    But if you increase the speed the higher downforce levels causin bigger resistance in the steering.

9. raekwon

raekwon Registered

great car!!! did some laps and it feels just right!!! ffb is very good in high and low speed corner... (fanatec gt3 v2)
    now i just need some free time to work with it!!! brakes good too at 92-94% of braking force its good... on a proper rubbered track should be fine also 100% (csr elite pedals)

good graphic improvment on this car!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2013
  10. pkelly

pkelly Registered

ISI guys are above & beyond. So glad to be part of the rF family. Merci beaucoup, for your efforts.

11. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Anyone else affected by the increased default rattling in cockpit view for this mod? I'm sitting at +5, so my eyelevel is right at the small windscreen. Oddly, the F2 mod from ISI doesn't suffer from this at all. I have to go back and test if the F-ISI does this or not.

I have head movement set to 50% and the 4 cockpit view vibrations settings in the PLR from 1.0 to 0.010. Can drive the C6R or F2 (excellent mods) for 30+ laps in a row with zero issues. I can hardly get through 2 laps on the Marussia with these settings.

12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I would wish that every time somebody reports that ffb feels great that they would tell what wheel they got. So that us with budget wheel could decide what wheel to get next :D

Can not say much about Marussia because I had only few minutes to test it :p But it felt that it also needs lots of setup work to be drivable like every other f1 car that we have atm.

But I'm beginning to think that these f1 cars are too throttle sensitive for me to enjoy them :/

13. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

I wondering what happen with this statement from Jeremy Miller: "2 new rF2 build configurations given to internal testers. One is more than 1.9 GB and the other is less than 300 MB. We will see how it goes"? Altough 68MB and something is less than 300 :)

Very good job on Marussia.

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I sense that we have a good week ahead of us :)

15. the-D-

the-D- Registered

It may mean that its going gold, the two builds being like
    the original rFactor and rFactor Lite

16. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

17. Antaeus

Antaeus Registered

so we can expect that they fix tons of bugs from current version of game, that will do final packages?

dont think so :) its unreal, see on this how they work since 1.5 year

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I think maybe one is a general release demo (the bigger file), perhaps the MR01 with the new silverstone & maybe one other existing but updated car & maybe an updated track

The release if the new silverstone is probably what's holding if up

Hopefully this week

19. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

I have understood, less resistance is ok. But that is not enough.
    No feeling in this moment, for the front wheels.

20. raekwon

raekwon Registered

Andras which wheel do you use? i think its hardware related...i had a dfgt and in the F2 mod i wasnt able to feel anything at low speed... now i have a fanatec gt3 v2 and its another story... i also lowerd the ffb value from 1 to 0,8 and its perfect!
    i think its the same for the marussia!