Marussia MR01 GP Car v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

+1

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

And wining 3 champ!:p

3. tjc

tjc Registered

4. xoSx.

xoSx. Registered

My throttle seems to be jammed at full power, without even touching anything, right after selecting the race. I have the DFGT, but even without the wheel it's still the same :/

5. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Anti-stall system implementation :)

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Some a few laps in the MR01, there is more going on in the ffb which I like,

They look nice too, need to spend more time with it to tune in but 1st impressions very good,

Hoping silverstone dosnt take to long so I'll concentrate on this MR01 on that track to get use to it etc

Big thanks to ISI for yet more top quality content

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I had to increase FFB from 1.0 to 2.0 for Marussia, or else I could drive it around Sepang with my little finger, lol. Very weak FFB default.

8. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

An F1 car usually ticks over at 8000rpm or so, so don't let that fool you :p

9. stonec

stonec Registered

Impressions after a few laps:

+ Nice cockpit, modelling, etc, all graphics-wise top job
    + Seat position cannot be adjusted unrealistically high
    + FFB in general as I expected from F1 car with power steering
    + Behaviour in high-speed corners seems predictable and consistent

- Sounds: I expected something different than default ISI masters sounds
    - Behaviour on low-speed corner exit with low fuel is still a bit "driving on ice". The throttle is so sensitive it would be nice to have a throttle map setting in the setup menu to allow a bit more playroom through adjustments.
    - There seems to be a huge front tire wear produced by a small lock-up. If you drive like Hamilton the front tires are destroyed in 5 laps. This is more a general issue of the tire model than a specific issue of this car, in my view.

Overall this is the best formula car in the game so far by quite a margin, in my view. More testing tomorrow...

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm going to really attemp to get use to this car (-:

From tech notes :

The Marussia-Cosworth MR01 has lower levels of downforce than many of the top teams had, and this means when driving it moves around quite a bit. Fast reactions are needed, and for many, finding the limit of the car may be an enormous challenge. It may also be fun!

Drivers will also need to take care of the brakes, as the MR01 will suffer brake problems over a full race distance at some circuits. An adapted driving style and engine braking will help, but it’s important to note that maximum braking can only be applied from braking zones over 300km/h, the brake must then be eased off as the aerodynamic load decreases. It also may not be possible to use 100% braking pressure at all circuits, so reducing brake pressure in the setup is also an option.

Tire management is also critical in a long race. You will need to minimize how much you spin the tires to reduce thermal degradation, and if you do pass a critical level, it may be difficult or impossible to bring the tires back to the desired level for best performance. Watch those temperatures closely and then back off to bring them under control, you will lose less time over an entire run.

11. whiplash

whiplash Registered

Just spent the last hours with the Marussia, and i think i'm gonna love it! The only thing i don't like atm is the light steering wheel feel at low speeds, just like the modern F2. I guess i might have to fiddle with my settings some more, because the potential seems incredible.

But seriously, ISI, how dare you releasing this on sunday evening, when most people have to get up early for work?! :p

12. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Yeah, bad ISI... downloading

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Think there's a line in the controller config, can't remember which one but it closes the lower end ffb forces to the higher end

14. martymoose

martymoose Registered

A few laps around Poznan on my well rubbered in track :) feels nice. Tyre wear on super softs is nice and if you abuse them they go off quickly but smooth driving extends the life as it should. Put on a new set and you feel the extra grip instantly so good to see ISI getting tyre wear implemented in the last few cars.

Will try some longer runs with different tyres compounds when I get a chance, overall has a great feel to the car and the default setup is quite drivable though Im sure its possible to go faster with some tweaks.

15. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Great job with this car, ISI!

I've been away from rF2 (and sim racing altogether) for a few months before giving this and the Corvette (and the new build) a try today. I really like where these cars are heading, even compared with the F2. The MR01 feels fantastic--can REALLY feel those flat-spots like crazy now; and going out on a fresh set after having squared off a set feels so buttery smooth. I also really appreciate that the tires seem to heat up as I'd expect, now--especially in the MR01. I wonder, is that because they have so much less/softer rubber, or is there there something new/different with the tire model in these components?

Keep up the good work! Looking forward to more modern GP tracks coming down the pipeline to use these Marussias on!

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Alot of skill is needed with these, will take some patience & practice

These high powered cars/simcars need alot of self control when cornering at lower speeds, reflexes too !

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

That is the anti-stall kicking in mate.
    Depress clutch to deactivate.

Glad you like it, I will give it a go on road course when I get wheel back, atm it is a bit too hard to feel balance.

On Ovals though it is pretty tame compared to Fisi and a bit of a bore to lap consistent.
    It is a shame most cars on the oval are a yawn to drive they just do not produce the same immersion as Fisi, 1960's F1 or BT20
    and none of those produce 50% of the immersion N2003 did.

Maybe they hide textures, cockpit and audio from pilfering till Gold.

18. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Not much of an open wheel guy but wow I like this car :)

19. MrDarceh

MrDarceh Registered

would be nice to have an improved sound pack for the car, it does take away from the immersion a little. Though all other aspects seem splendid, thanks guys

20. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh cool... I never knew that was being inplementes at all.

I suppose I should have thought it though... :p

Thanks Max.