Marussia MR01 GP Car v1.0 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 17, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Not a thing... (afaik...)

Jump out and walk back to the pits for a clip round the ear from the team boss. :D

2. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Correct, except for if you re in the pitlane, in the pitlane you can use the onboard starter button to start the engine.
    Outside the pitlane a stalled engine ist stalled - game over, except for cars which have an onboard starter, but f1 dont has it.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Interesting setup tips Gonzo... I`ll try those out. :)

4. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

Nevermind ;),
    just try to think how the car would behave if you soften the rear very much, right it will sink down on the back end and the front tires will lose the contact to the ground which increase tire locking. But if you do the other way this should help.

front decrease stiffness (Antirollbar, too)
    rear increase stiffness (Antirollbar, too)

plus move the brake balance some clicks to the rear (1-4), if you rear locks too much, decrease engine brake by increasiing the number, or move the balance some clicks back to the front. Just play a bit around and see. Your experience may differ with different road conditions, in rf2 almost everything is dynamic now.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Read the technique section on the profile page of the car. You should not be braking very much at all once your speed starts to reduce.

6. 88mphTim

The video on youtube I wouldn't use as an example, even if the person who uploaded says that's what it really sounds like.

But there's a lot of things that could alter sound. Onboard sound or internal card, for example (though these days few seem to use internal cards), speakers, or any effects he has on his processing.

In any case, my basic response would have to be that the sounds on your system are what they are right now. It's one of the areas we're going to have to look at.

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

8. 88mphTim

Don't feel too bad. The iRacing Williams also uses exactly the same sound sample. It's pretty common to use a sample of a type of engine when they sound so similar, and with most sims, only distinctive cars tend to have their own sample. Hope you don't mind my honesty. :)

9. 88mphTim

I'd work as-is right now. But I have reported it.

10. 88mphTim

Na it's ok, it makes sense now I'm thinking about it.

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Now I can't use this car anymore, seems like I have the same problem as nikos. I can't select Marussia ANYWHERE in the menu. This happened after a fresh install of build 156. I've downloaded all ISI content and updated it, nothing else. As you can see in the screenshot below, the Marussia is installed :confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. 88mphTim

I would try deleting the installed files, or try uninstalling on the mod manager. It's probably because you dont have the full 2012 package Marussia is a part of yet.

13. jajp999

jajp999 Registered

actually a bug here - if you hit the AI control key they restart the engine nomatter where you are - then turn off the AI and you are back in business

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

if you cannot make it work as Tim says, go to the servers, find one with Marussia and Get Mod. Then drive Marussia offline using this mod.
    We have it at SR4L Server 1 Rikard.

15. Miro

Miro Registered

On my site the sound is really impressive. It's not like those onboard cam sounds, but it's realy mighty and like nikos said full of metal sounds. Everything sounds like it's going to explode soon lol. Gear changing is also cool and slowing down. I like it. I'll try to record it with a proper cam when I am alone at home lol.

16. MJP

MJP Registered

See the All Tracks & Cars button at top of the screen, click on that then look in the car menu. It's a component just like the Corvette and doesn't have it's own mod in the series menu. Admittedly the Corvette's easier to find in the menus but for the Marussia you're looking for 'Formula ISI 2012 1.0', expand that and you'll see 'Marussia MR01 1.0'.

17. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I don't understand. I install ISI forumla masters first, and then Marussia?

That's the other problem and why I've been reinstalling rF2 several times; I can't go online. "No games available" for me :(

18. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Thanks! I found it. BUT there is no "Formula ISI 2012 1.0". I know I had that before I reinstalled the game, and I could expand it and select Marussia MR01 1.0. But not anymore. But I found it at least, thanks :p

19. amandhatt27

amandhatt27 Registered

Will the display on the steering wheel eventually show customizable parameters, such as lap time deltas and speed?

20. 88mphTim

No, I just mentioned FISI 2012, didn't give instruction to do anything with it. Delete the Marussia files installed. FISI 2012 you don't have yet, Marussia is just a part of it.

The no games issue, is that new for you? Or always had it?