Manual gearshifts in historic content

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Martin Dyrlund, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Martin Dyrlund

Martin Dyrlund Registered

All of the historic content with H pattern shifters you can change gear without pressing the clutch.

Funnily enough there is a McLaren M4B free mod where you actually do have to press the clutch to do gear shifts. Link to mod here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1320455423

How come the studio does not implement such stuff in new content, like the McLaren M23 and all of the other historic content?

To my knowledge it is one single line that implements this feature, nothing more...

2. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Registered

Good luck with that.
    Many have been trying to get S397 to implement this for a very long time. You'll probably just get silence (unfortunately)

:(:rolleyes:

3. Marisa

Marisa Registered

I'd like to know this as well, it's ridiculous. But you'd better ask this on their discord, it seems like they mostly ignore posts on the official forum.

4. dazzer

dazzer Registered

As far as I know what you are describing, it does not exist, I am obviously referring to the need to press the clutch, what if implemented is that you need to release the throttle to engage the gear, otherwise, the clutch slips and there is no traction.
    obviously what I said is because I just checked what he said, testing the mod that was mentioned obviously, and the gears came in without touching the clutch.
    what if it is implemented is what I commented at the beginning, if the accelerator is not released, the gear does not enter. This as I mentioned if it is implemented in several cars and mods, although it varies from car to car.