Malaysia v1.58 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Thanks for the Easter egg present ISI!

Malaysians rF2 guys are very happy :)

2. 64r

64r Registered

Is there any way to stop the Clio AI from rolling over in some of the corners? Besides that it looks good, thanks.

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I guess, this isn`t a problem of the Track, more a Problem of the Car. I`m on the way to add soft Tires to the Renault Megane, and therefore i was testing some Tire configurations. When the Tires have to much grip, it comes to exact this rolling over in Turns. Maybe the Clio Tires have to much Grip...

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'd say try lowering the aggression level.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Not this discussion again... Look in the Clio update thread if you want lots of info on the roll-over issue.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Anytime the cars get off the ground they behave as if they had little mass and the tires drove the motion. Gravity and their weight should pull them back down sooner instead of them floating. Maybe realroad enables too much grip to build up but in my view it's a combination of these two factors with the former being the more serious issue across the game.

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Sorry.

I just found that lowering aggression sometimes helps.
    I'm not denying that there is a problem however...

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Lower aggression level and updated Clio to newer tire model (which you can't do) are the only solutions or partial solutions.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Hopefully updated Clio is coming soon. Please fix the gear shift over-rev problem at the same time! :)

10. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I've had a few issues (maybe related to gravity) I've only noticed with the fr3.5. When I've hit a wall dead on ,the cars flipped into the air quite unrealistically. Seems like the force of it has somehow pushed the rear of the car over the top and the vehicle spins in the air?!

anyway its happened twice in two identical collisions. ACTUALLY i think they were at the same corner at Loch at tight right hander, think maybe the 2 corner.

11. Comante

Comante Registered

Considering that the car can't disintegrate and the wall are similarly rigid indestructable structures, high speed collisions with high energy (like hitting square a wall at 200 Km/h) will HARDLY look convincing.

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This.

13. msportdan

msportdan Banned

wasnt going high speed at all.. I literally oversteered in that slow corner and the car went into the close fence, then i flipped into the air, hilariously ! Your right though it did look pathetic!

Makes me think when a game boasts realistic physics how could this happen?

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It was just explained to you, a couple of posts up.
    It happens because the physics are realistic. I'm not saying it looks "good", but there is nothing wrong with the physics.

The car doesn't bend, disintegrate or deform, as this is not yet implemented.
    The wall doesn't bend, disintegrate or deform either, obviously.

So where should the energy go, then?

Physics are physics, if two immovable objects collide, weird stuff happens.

15. msportdan

msportdan Banned

that wouldnt happen in real life. a car DOES NOT flip on slight contact. lol

i think your a little brainwashed pal.

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

And I think you're becoming quite obnoxious.
    No need to lash out just because you fail to understand what's being explained to you.

You will get the explanation for the third time then...

In real life a car would deform/bend/disintegrate when hitting a wall. That would dissipate the energy from the collision.

In the sim however neither the car or the wall gives an inch, no disintegration, therefore the collision ends up looking weird.
    This flipping is as expected because the energy has nowhere to go, when neither car nor wall gives an inch.

Until car deformation is implemented, this is as real as we're going to have it.
    Physics and gravity works like they should imo. The problem is just the lack of deformation/disintegration.

In BeamNG Drive it's a very different story, because the cars deform.
    If they didn't, the collisions would look weird too.

17. msportdan

msportdan Banned

so the car isnt correctly done regarding collision physics, and so hence isnt realistic.? ;)

18. stonec

stonec Registered

Geez. As was explained, the car doesn't deform during collisions, as is obvious. It's like a ping-pong ball bouncing off the table when you hit a wall. I don't think any current sim models collision deformations properly. You have to play some Flatout 3 or Next Car Game type sim to get somewhat realistic collisions.

19. msportdan

msportdan Banned

okay sorry guys, got a lot on personally, now i get ya..

trying to get go here to clear my mind of worrying stuff. :(

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

No worries mate, we just need to keep it civil and friendly. :)

We're all learning here while enjoying the sim and questioning things we don't understand/things that seem weird.
    No problems in that. This place shouldn't be a place that causes more worries, not at all.

No of course the cars themselves aren't "realistic" yet when it comes to collisions, because they don't deform.
    But the consequences of a crash where a non-deformable object hits a wall that doesn't move an inch, the physics work like expected.

Many of us have requested, and still hope, that some sort of car deformation/more advanced damage model will be implemented one day.
    Of course that is not the most important aspect of the sim, but still...
    Racing is danger, and the consequences of bad driving or unfortunate circumstances in a sim should (imo) be grave.

Of course crash physics like BeamNG's would eat way too many resources, and we don't need anything that detailed or complicated.
    But bent/broken chassis, wings divided into multiple breakable section, breakable headlights, tires puncturing due to debris etc. I wouldn't complain.

But - there are of course more pressing matters atm.

But we're sliding way OT here. Sorry.