Make the McLaren Senna (not GTR = road hypercar)

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by DrivingFast, Aug 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes soft tires makes obviously expected to have a lot of grip and increased wear, but I would also expect them to suffer more from overheating, while also having a greater risk of overheating.

By the way I have also read one study which stated that tire that is massivley overheating, can melt the very surface of the tarmac at that instant moment and by doing that reducing adhesion massively. So the grip loss while overheating may not come only from tire.

By the way slip ratio is how longitudinal way to transmit forces is described, that is acceleration and deceleration. Way of transmit lateral forces, such as cornering are described by slip angle.

2. slatanek

slatanek Registered

I've just made a comparison: 5 laps at Spa (since it's the only laser scanned track that I can get my hands on that's in ACC and RF2) in Porsche GT3 R, 20 celsius, 2 pm, sunny, hard compound in rf2, 40l of fuel, TC 1, ABS 9, setup as close to one another as I could get. While my laptimes were within a couple of tenths (RF2 2:21.2 vs. ACC 2:21.6) there deffinetly was a difference. Indeed rF2 felt more planted (especially on throttle application in 1st gear) and I felt safe to push more (I got down to 2:20.2 within a couple of more laps). ACC felt more on the edge, way easier to loose traction especially in 1st gear and kind of more alive. However there are issues in ACC too. The curbs is a known problem (that's also why I was down on laptimes in ACC), but crucially the lift-off oversteer in ACC is way too pronounced. I mean in Blanchimont a lift = instant spin. Coming of the brakes in a corner you really have to be tippy-toeing otherwise the backend wants to overtake the frontend in an instant. I know it's characteristic of the 911's but IMHO it's way overdone. Both capture on-power oversteer on corner exit very well though and that's what makes driving a 911 so rewarding :D

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Yes it could be down to different tire indeed, but I think it is mostly down to physics philosophy where you don't have super exact data, and try to do stuff how it seems right to you in the believable window, because I feel similar characteristics shared in all new cars in rF2.

The reason why you spin at Blanchmont could also be, or be enhanced by the grip of the astroturf setting, I odn't know how it is in unofficial conversion of SPA from AC which is now used in rF2.

4. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

road cars why do? no interest in having road on a race simulation, assetto has 50 road cars and I've never seen a race with them, nobody wants to do a championship with road cars!
    it's just good for solo, S397 has so much more priority than making cars that won't run!

Seven Smiles likes this.
  5. slatanek

slatanek Registered

The spin at Blanchimont happens in ACC on corner entry while lifting off to give the car a bit of initial rotation into the corner, nothing to do with astroturf - at this point you're not touching any of it.

You might be right about the GT3 cars. The GTE and LMP2 seem very believable though.

Korva7 likes this.
  6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Road cars were massively raced in various pick up online races, they are also used in SRS championships from time to time. There was even active and big pickup racing community in AC called "Street Fight", we raced the hell out of street cars there. Also Aloog-1 was another popular and great server which used road cars very frequently...

@slatanek Perhaps it is worth checking up diff preload settings, in ACC diff could be more open making it a bit loose. But could be some essential differences as well... I am now interested to try it too some time.

7. slatanek

slatanek Registered

Thx I'll check with higher preload. It was on 120nm so pretty high but from what I remember you can set it way higher than that. I'll give it a try, also I've installed the 1.0.7 beta so maybe the new tyre will improve it too. Heaven't tested it yet though

8. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

"massively raced "....please be serious...

9. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I took part there, and it lasted few years.

10. JRS

JRS Registered

The Lola T-70 is fantastic to drive other than a bit of goofiness with the clutch/gearbox and nobody is interested except you, me and a few other folks. Most don't have the patience or whatever to run one cleanly and consistently for a 45 minute, 1 Hour or 90 minute race. Setup well and allowing the car and driver to really warm into a rhythm, they get quite grippy and fun with just the right amount of squirrely.