Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

I should be able to be there this week... provided the incoming wind storm doesn't knock out the electricity.

2. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Good to see so many happy F3 Fanatics today, neet track. Looks like we'll do it again next week the other way around.

3. Emery

Emery Registered

Pity that Jim C had to drop out before the race. Once he got that high line working, I think he would have run away in the race.

4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I can't find Slovakiaring V4 Bryan. Anyone have a link please? Tried thru Steam and GetMod and not working.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  5. Tucker Fleming

I got it through Steam Workshop, it seems fine on Bryan's server. It was v1.7 or something and had to update to v4 but it did it ok. Now I need to drive some laps and get to know this place!

6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Took half a dozen attempts thru getmod and finally started. Took 3hrs to D/L tho. I thought it should D/L thru the steam server list if it was in the workshop. Just kept telling me to check the url...Turns out it is the 1.1 version. Not sure whether Bryan has settled on this weeks circuit yet. Will start practising soon as I'm sure.

7. Emery

Emery Registered

Yup, version 1.1 from the Steam Workshop. V4 in the title is variant 4, the middle loop that's interesting.

I'll be there today, but pain in my right shoulder will put me off my pace.

8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Not going to get there today. Been down with the flu for a few days and still feeling like crap. Have a great race all.

9. Emery

Emery Registered

Nice turnout today despite Bryan not being there or anybody talking up this race in advance.

Tucker Fleming likes this.
  10. Tucker Fleming

Yeah! We had 8 and it seemed a very clean race from my perspective. I was 10 seconds late joining but managed to start from the pits and stay on the lead lap. Fun as usual! Wonder where BB was...no sign of him.

11. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Great race again...Had a couple of great battles.Tires started getting a little ordinary toward the end.
    Was on with Bryan yesterday for a while and he didn't mention anything...

12. elbo

elbo Registered

I joined in for this one...I am quite slow but it was still fun. On what track will the next one be?

13. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Thruxton is on the server atm. Haven't spoken to BB yet.

14. Tucker Fleming

Thruxton with Lola T290, great fun! I've been driving the Chevy Cosworth version and I'll stick with it. 'Murca!
    We could use some more T290 skins, I have some of Niko's he made for SR4L that are very niz, maybe I can spread them around a little.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    nonamenow likes this.
  15. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Good thing I read this....was practising in the F3....lol

16. Emery

Emery Registered

Will be attending funeral instead of racing.

17. Tucker Fleming

More fun with the Lola T90's. A super fun car to drive and race with...not too fast and feels very good. We will be at the Autodrom Most this week. It's on the workshop and it's a great track for these cars. I had some comp issues fixed this week (replaced several major components with modern upgraded expensive ones) and can't wait to test the new rig! Better get some test laps in.

nonamenow likes this.
  18. Tucker Fleming

Yes yes I know it was a great, stupendous, colossal drive from last place to win...thanks everyone! Hehehe it was fun though...a couple guys blew engines, that helped me a lot! And I guess Cookie's tire went off or something 'cause he went off pace. Anyhoo, lots of fun as usual, come out and drive next week! And thanks for letting me win.

nonamenow likes this.
  19. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Yeah well done mate. A switch to the chevy hopefully fixes the blown engine......

20. Tucker Fleming

I don't know buddy, Andy blew his Chevy lump in 4 laps...might be an issue of over revving or just keeping it too high on the pin. I noticed I never got over 9000 and Andy was regularly 9400-9500 before every shift. Looks like we're at Monza next week! We'll see what kind of discipline will be required to save our motor there...Stay of the curbs and don't redline!
    And I really like the sound of the Abarth...I might switch to it just for the noise!