Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Damn, good fun track, and starting to find some sort of limits in these cars occasionally. Was a bit off in qual and thought I might be picking my way through the T1/2 carnage but then found a bit more time and became the carnage from a P4 start. Actually just a typical T1 tag and spin, but split the field as we all recovered. Had a mostly clean race from there to move through up to 2nd by the end, good little battles with WL and Paul.

My challenge next time is to remember to up the setup brake strength before warmup, and maybe play with brake bias as I had some pretty severe flatspotting on that inside front by the end :eek: (either it's not making noise when it happens, or the brakes are drowning it out!)

Connor, asdangus and nonamenow like this.
  2. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Was indeed a fun combo. Made a stupid mistake at the last that spun me and put me in the wall but recovered only to make a slight mistake that Lazza seized upon. Great battle at the end tho.
    We will do one more week in these and this time (for 7th Samurai) we are off to Nemuno Zeidas Short.

asdangus likes this.
  3. asdangus

asdangus Registered

woohoo, thanks many! i hope all brave hearts show up... there will be free tea and it's like one km from an airfield, in case you'd have had enough of Eastern Europe by end of race ;)
    tracks are comparable (Bikernieki Speed and Nemuno Short), both tricky and undulated, only Nemuno has bit more flow to it and heck more elevation change.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    pkelly likes this.
  4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Yep, it's a nice fast layout. I do remember racing this at RD.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Rollercoaster! :eek:

6. asdangus

asdangus Registered

yup, bring your own sickness bags!

7. asdangus

asdangus Registered

thanks nonamenow for the track selection! yet i fear you got so fed up with
    Eastern European hospitality that dashed off to above-mentioned airfield
    without waiting for race's end. Bravo cookie for leading pace nearing the end
    and GJ to those who dared to race this. Pity Lazza never came, - his practice
    speed shows he's got this track cracked.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry I didn't make it, intended to but not 100% this morning.

asdangus likes this.
  9. asdangus

asdangus Registered

how could you!? i hope she's worth it!

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
    Bjørn likes this.
  10. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Sry guys. I didn't think I'd be making it thru the race today. I was battling to get one lap in I'm afraid. Hopefully I'm better by the next one. Looks like Hockenheim in the F3's next race.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

*sigh*

I did some good lap times earlier today at the Hock. Just found I'd left auto clutch on after driving... hmm... oh yeah, the M8 to check steering ratio. I hate that. I really wish rF2 was smarter in that way. So not only was it more forgiving than it should have been, but the setup tweaks I tried were basically pointless too.

And on another note, I really wish the CS had some free races at least every hour. Jumped on earlier thinking I might have a go (even if solo) and the next race was something like 16 hours away. I know reducing the number of races can help to get good numbers for a race or two, but making the CS worth going into will help to get people in there...

/rant

And now back to more lappage...

nonamenow and mixer61 like this.
  12. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

lol, done this a number of times since the Cat and Mini came out.
    I haven't checked CS lately. Does it hurt them not being able to run non-licensed content do you think?

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Na, I think there's easily enough free licensed content - until there's minimum 100* people on there at any time you don't actually want lots of options, and racing is better when people have learnt the tracks and cars. It would be a moot point anyway as they just can't run third party (unlicensed; not many people making fictional content) stuff.

On a positive note I took another 4 tenths off after going back in and turning autoclutch off, so I don't feel like a fraud anymore :p

*100 chosen arbitrarily - enough for a tintop/caterham room and an open-wheel room, with 2-3 splits for varying levels

nonamenow likes this.
  14. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

It'll be a last minute decision as to whether I race tomo or not guys. Back is taking longer than usual to come good and out of pain meds til after the race.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hope you're back next week as planned Paul :cool:

I had a clean race at Hockenheim, 2 second lead after 1 lap (WL and Bryan dicing for position behind from what I could see) and had good enough pace to stay out front. I did quite a few laps on Thursday so was closer to the limit and making fewer mistakes than I normally would. WLightning certainly kept me honest though. By the last 3 laps my FL was starting to complain and had to back off in the last corner to keep it on track.

Botniaring Long is on the server currently for next week, great flow once you get the hang of the middle part with the sections up to and out of the hairpin being flat out, but can see that approach won't last in the race as the tyres are getting hammered. So could be a good strategic race with some practice to learn it.

(I'm aware this track has some kerb issues with some cars, don't think our F3s are affected though)

Connor and nonamenow like this.
  16. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

If it goes as per usual I should be good to go. Prob would have been ok today but the risk if it didn't make it made erring on the side of caution to be wisest.

17. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

First, my apologies for not posting for a while.Back has improved somewhat with the latest pain meds.
    This week we are at Road Atlanta GP in the F3.

18. Connor

Connor Registered

Good to see yea Back on track Paul and yea pipped El Pollo D for 3rd out of the last corner shows how close the running was on good auld Botniaring. While I have seen its name mentioned over the years this was my 1st running there.
    Sluggish Start off the line ( again:rolleyes: ) like last week :oops: so dropped back to 4th I think in the 1st corner .. but got through it clean and into 3rd behind El Pollo & Denzil .. till Poor Denzil over shot the 2nd last Corner giving me 2nd Place & looking to close up on El Pollo D he was running well & we treaded times till Lap 10 looks like he double dropped a gear :eek: in the last corner he caught a half spin but was enough for me to take the spot. Lap later he dropped to 3rd handing Lazza 2nd place --- Then it begin !! After last weeks race I had the feeling it was a matter of TIME LOL I had me head down looking to stay clean on track & run fast times but Lazza didn't take long before he filled my mirrors .. quickly found him having a run out of T1 towards T2 but it would seem it wasn't long enough ( Tin winding tack compared to Hockenheim )& Fairplay to yea Lazza you didn't dive in late and I did have an OFF between T2 & T3 at one point but managed to hold it straight & was surprised to still lead ( guessing you weren't sure if I would spin )
    14 laps about 12 with Lazza looking left & right in VR so sweat dripping & over gripping the wheel watching the braking points trying not to snatch the brake ( FL smoking the odd time :rolleyes::p;) ) Clean in Clean out keep at it .. Lazza on me tail .. jaysus WL71 remember to breath yea Muppet :D .. Lap 24.. 1st over the line LOL Waoooo . What a race Great Race Lazza & everyone who turned up ..Nice Numbers on the Grid always Great to see. Pity for Cookies issues .. We missed Sam4Cag this time.

30mins or so after the race I went to make a Cuppa Rosie lee ( Tea )
    Jaysus I was sure I saw Lazza's red car in the windows reflection ;):D:D LOL

jimagn and Lazza like this.
  19. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Going to have to give this week a miss guys. No sooner do I get my back pain sorted and then I tear my rotator cuff. Only mild and I want to keep it that way, not keen on surgery. It happened pulling the starter cord on a whippersnipper/brushcutter. The irony is the lawn got so long because I was unable to do it when my back was crap and needed to be trimmed before I could mow.:rolleyes::eek:.

20. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

For those having issues with disconnects, I have switched the server to a fresh install to see if this helps. I've made the sessions 30/20/3/15 and will jump on and remain so if anyone wants to test it should be a short wait til a session ends.