Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Hey all, caught up with Bryan today...it had been a while. He is back home and work and is slowly improving. You may get a more personal update real soon.:)

jimagn likes this.
  2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well, that was an unusually intense 'for fun' race. Decided earlier this week I might finally start playing with setup, been concentrating purely on driving but sometimes wondering how much of the gap to guys in front is setup - and it's easy to hide behind "I'm on default" and not make any more progress, so did some basic tweaks to bars and gears. Worth around half a second on early testing.

Thankfully more rubber did help as well, so with a couple more adjustments took another 0.8 off my early-week times and even had a possible pole time halfway round my last qual lap, but then lost it. Still close enough to Kiko to be very happy, albeit heading into a race on an unknown setup for the first time in a year so not sure how that would end up. Managed to hold onto Kiko through the entire race, few small mistakes but the slipstream helped me bridge the gap again, never seen him past about lap 3 before so wasn't sure how he generally goes but he made no mistakes and held pace pretty well. I had a chance or two to throw it up the inside but no way I would have controlled it.

Happy with the result, happy to only stuff up 4 or 5 gearchanges (part of the reason I stayed with default gears for so long was to reduce the number of gearchanges, and therefore my mistakes :p) and setup felt like an improvement balance wise.

nonamenow likes this.
  3. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

@Lazza you for sure are alien material i was able to keep in touch for the first 2 laps but than stuffed it in the final corner with cookie just behind me. He rammed me but wasn't his fault but i ended in the pit and getting back on track i was 15 seconds behind the laat spot and never got back on speed. Don't mind @kiko0602 he is stunningly fast but a great simracer. Had fun again tonight love racing with you guys.

Tucker Fleming and nonamenow like this.
  5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Don't know how this track escaped my attention. What a blast, even on my own. Can't wait to get out there with a heap of others...:):D
    I should add though, not one you want to leave to the last minute to learn....

6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Interested in what others think. Track has been d/l'ed heaps but no-one been on the server. Let me know if this track is too much. Sector 1 is tough but can be mastered.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I haven't had a go yet!

8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

You can wait til the last minute Lazza....:p

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sector 1 can be mastered can it?!

Most of the rest seems achievable, but that dip feels like a lucky one to me (as in, lucky dip) - I'm sure there's a safe way through it, but it seems it would be slower than a well-placed jump. I like the track, good historic feel to it, some flowing varying radius corners, but it is a long one to learn and some risky spots - I do love the earth bank outside the last of the flowing right handers onto the 'back straight', very historic and deadly.

10. Eddy

Eddy Registered

What track are you guys running (and talking about). The talk got me curious

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Eddy likes this.
  12. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Definitely need your race brain switched on. I'm happy to back off a sec or so and eliminate the chance of disaster. I can do 2:26's but I won't be when it gets serious.

13. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Yikes - a 2:26.Good on you. Best I'm able to squeeze out of the 'ol Eve is a 2:32 so far. More practice is required...even though I'll be unable to join y'all until next week. Kool track but it's giving me more gray hairs;-)
    Does your server save replays to be available/distributed somewhere later?

14. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Bern-Bremgarten might have been the track to get me interested in historic racing.
    Way back in the Grand Prix 2 days. I'd never driven anything like it up to that point. The circuit and environment was entirely new to me and i thought it was fantastic and i did heaps of laps

jimagn and nonamenow like this.
  15. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Don't think a 26 will be all that special TBH. I know Lazza has done 26 in practice and that will definitely get quicker....I'll be mid pack at best. Though if I jumped in the Eve I'd get a little more.....Relax Tucker, I can't do it...Spark it is...:p:rolleyes::)

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I didn't have much left on that lap, and when I tried to back off a bit to safety through the dip I started crashing more :p

17. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

I managed one, ONE 29 in the Spark. I'm staying in it.

nonamenow likes this.
  18. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Wow, a one:29...that's fast :D:p

Lazza likes this.
  19. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

First welcome back to racing Bryan. Was awesome to see ya back on track.:)
    That track was a blast....Has to be the hardest 1st sector I've raced. Kept it pretty clean other than giving Tucker a mid-air shunt over the jump. T-boned a spinning cookie a couple of times but managed to fight back for the toughest podium ever....:cool:
    This weeks track should be fresh in everyone's mind as we have only raced it 2 months ago. This week however, we will be switching to the F1.
    Have fun.;)

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That was "fewest mistakes wins", and after a clean start then getting passed by Backfire late on Lap 1 he made a mistake (or several) and I managed to stay on track, so held on to win. Was on course for a mid-25 in qual and was annoyed when I fell off late, so was happy to get down to it during the race and then for a lap nearly everything hooked up and hit a high 24. I backed off from there, nothing to gain and everything to lose :D

Hockenheim 66, I missed that in the F3s, good track for these monster F1s I think.