Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, at least I know it's me then. I'll give it another shot in a few minutes...

(and no Tucker, I've got the track - its the rfmod that's giving me issues. Some sort of conflict somewhere presumably, this game is frustrating sometimes... or more often...)

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Finally got in there with 15 mins of qual left. Reinstalled the track twice, took out the rfmod and its 7 useless clones that were sitting in my Packages folder (not for the first time), I think what eventually did it was yet again removing the track and mod and then going into ModMgr and finding it in there and uninstalling it. I don't know, by the end I was just clicking buttons.

Anyway, got in there and nearly up to speed, had a good T2 as most of the front guys washed wide then fluffed my downshift into T3 and I think got tangled with Lee and/or someone else. Took Lee out anyway. (just checked the replay, and I was going in a bit too hot, ended up driving into a wedge and then our wheels tangled)

Caught up to Paul, passed Paul, fell off and back behind Paul, caught up to Paul, etc. Actually looks like Paul had a pretty busy race, had a go with just about everyone. Caught a kerb for about the 8th time which put me off track, and from there didn't do any clean enough laps to catch up to him and Cookie.

Still good fun, but need to do a few more laps in practice (to learn about the kerbs, if nothing else).

nonamenow and Tucker Fleming like this.
  3. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

I missed it...had a double (two gigs in one day) and couldn't race. F' me! But I'll be back next week wherever it is.

4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Yep, it wasn't a lonely race for me. 1st time I've seen so many fast guys behind me...lol
    Didn't last for long. Managed to keep it clean while a few others had mishaps and kept me in the midfield hunt.
    Had a blast.:)

Tucker Fleming likes this.
  5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Portugal 2009 (v2.28) this week everyone. Available in the workshop as usual.

6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

So, didn't have the greatest result at Portugal. Got to 3rd early but got caught up in a couple of mishaps which saw me frantically trying to catch the field. Still had fun and ended up right on Bryan's tail on the last lap. Off to Botniaring Short this week. See ya all there.

7. Nizmo

Nizmo Registered

Just installed rf2 last week after more than five years away, and always thought the F3’s were the best cars in game. Been driving the USF2000 the last few days and that’s fun too. I assume you guys are open to new drivers? Are race times same as first post, Saturday at 2:00 pm pst? Any chance you guys get together nightly for practice , maybe a few quick races?

8. Tucker Fleming

You do see guys on at night, west coast US time, not many but some. Races are the same time as first post, 2 PM PST is start of 30 min practice followed by 30 Qualy and 5 min warmup. Then the 30 min race roughly 3:15. We certainly welcome anyone who wants to race. And it's fun fun fun!
    Yeah Paul, sorry about the wee tap that turned you around...don't know what I was thinking. Cookie was the man of the hour, winning all sessions!

9. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

All good my sparky brother. ;)
    @Nizmo....I try to get on during the week but lately work and life have restricted me a bit. Will try to get on tomorrow.

10. Nizmo

Nizmo Registered

Thanks guys. Will be on later to at least get some feel for the F3’s. Sparks and Eves? I assume you have an open server which I will look for. I’m in Vegas and usually will be on around 4:30-5pm. My in game name is ChivasRx.

11. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Yes, server is open (F3-Fanatics). We use both Spark and Eve. I'll try and get away from work a bit earlier.

**EDIT**

Ok, so didn't go to plan. Only just managed to get on for some laps. You will definitely catch me from Friday night(your time) until race time as that's my weekend..

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  12. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Hehehe, finally get away early and the server is down....:rolleyes:Hopefully Bryan will be on soon to fix..:)

13. Tucker Fleming

It's back up! Botniaring Short! Gotta get some laps in...

nonamenow likes this.
  14. Nizmo

Nizmo Registered

I’ll be on later in the afternoon. Will try to do a 30 minute practice run. What kind of lap times are you guys doing? Just out of curiosity, how many guys usually show up for these races?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  15. Tucker Fleming

Lately we've had 9-10 drivers, can't give a lap time as I haven't driven one yet :)

16. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

mid to high 1:17s but the real quick guys haven't been on yet.

17. Tucker Fleming

It was a great race...15 drivers this week! Nizmo (ChivasRx) had a good run and I had my almost obligatory battle with Cookie for several laps. Elbo was in front of me and neatly warped to a position behind me giving me 5th...
    Lots of Sparks on track too. That's just heartwarming :)
    Next week is Bridgehampton! This is a new awesome track perfect for F3 racing. Get it in Workshop and come race!

nonamenow likes this.
  18. Nizmo

Nizmo Registered

Indeed, was a great race, and very fun! Really enjoyed racing with you guys. I was battling Elbo for a bit too. That was my first race with a standing start and I blew it. Didn’t hear the last ding. Lol I was planning on racing every other week with you guys, but may have to show up more often. Great to be back in the F3 Spark. Great little ride.

jimagn, Tucker Fleming and nonamenow like this.
  19. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I always have fun in the F3's no matter what happens. Didn't have the greatest luck but still had heaps of fun. Hard track to pass even the slower guys if they keep it clean.
    This week's track is amazing. I have a new mantra......Do Not Run Over The Submerged Tires...Rinse & Repeat....:rolleyes::)

jimagn and Tucker Fleming like this.
  20. Tucker Fleming

More F3 awesomeness today. 15-16 drivers at Bridgehampton. The horns were honkin'! This just keeps getting better.
    Backfire, Cookie, Nizmo, Paul, Bryan, Elbo, EddyG, Lee, Mike, FGOT (with keyboard :) ), and 4 or 5 other guys I can't recall right now...great stuff!

nonamenow likes this.