Make AI retire on spot after rear wing damage.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RoboCAT10, Feb 21, 2017.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

In rfactor2, the Formula ISI mod l, the AI will continue to the pits after their rear wig has been knocked off. In F1 this rarely happens, and once their rear wing is destroyed that automatically retire on the spot.

I was wondering if there is a line on a file that can help with making this possible. When a wheel gets kicked off the AI retire on the spot. So if is possible to make the rear wing have the same result as the tyres after damage?

2. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I have seen it happen that drivers continued to the pits, and I recall that I have seen at least once the driver continue the race after a new rear wing was fitted (was a long pitstop though, about a lap I vaguely 'remember'). The reason they retire is usually because the rest of the back (suspension) is damaged too.

EDIT :: Here an example, it is in the beginning of this highlights video, and Ralf can later be seen as still running ;)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  3. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Oh yeah I completely get that, it just dissent happen that often. In rfactor2 a driver can smash the rear of the driver in front. This causes the rear wing to be knocked off, and then drives full speed to the pits to repair it. Looks kind of silly.

With the suspension, would there be a way to make it that when a driver is hit from the back (heavily) their suspension is damaged and then can not continue?

4. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Anyone else have advise on this?

5. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

While I wouldn't have a clue where to start doing this sort of stuff. It does make think of the Ultra Sensitive Damage mod for AMS (http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ams-adjustable-ultra-sensitive-damage.12768/). I'm wondering if there's any way to make this mod work for rF2. It's great in open wheel vehicles as it really makes think about whether to make a move on an opponent or hang back for a better chance later. Just my pennies worth.

RoboCAT10 likes this.
  6. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I agree. The way the damage is now, the ai get in those tangled wheel messes which look really silly. You can change the damage multiplier past 100% in the player.json file, but I believe you need to do this each time before you start the same. Would be nice if it could just be set on it.

7. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Also from the link above it mentions that is just replaces the damage.ini. Maybe it might be worth having a play with that (have a back up of course) and see if we can make the damage more sensitive?

bravotangosix likes this.