[REL] MAK-Corp Group C v0.80 Released

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I had some more time with the cars, I must confess that I am a fan of group C cars (fired RF1 mainly to race them), so I am biased.

I recommend reading the PDF that comes with the cars. Remember for endurance racing (those are endurance racing cars), the max boost usable is around 7 for the Porsche.

More I drive them, more I like them, they are drivable with default setup, but devote some time to tune them (clue: you won't win an endurance race if you wear your front tires at twice the rate of the rear), apply basic tuning recommendations (see David excellent guide on this forum).

Bring them to a good and bumpy track like Portugal, and enjoy, pure bliss.

Very good first version, congratulations.

2. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Anyone else find these literally impossible to downshift? If you don't rev match within about 1rpm of error the clutch just disengages completely instead of slipping (like the howstons but 100,000x worse) and you have to keep playing with it or just stop on track to get it to finally re-engage. How is that even 1% realistic? :confused: I love these cars, but I have to use the semi_auto paddles because they are the only car in the universe (including real life) that I can't heel-toe!

Guess I can't complain too much because it's still a beta, but still.

EDIT: Now I see all the other posts about the shifting problem. Guess I'm not alone. Will try raising baulk torque as mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
  3. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

Just take your time to get used to it :)

4. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Get used to a car? Lol that would be a first. It's unrealistic none the less. I think Baulk Tourque 20 is a typo, probably forgot a zero. 200 would be about right.

5. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

6. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I tried these at the weekend with a friend and I've got to say they are amazing fun!

I read the problems with the clutch torque so just tried the semi-auto/paddle option, but I've got to say straight out of the box these are very impressive and really fun cars to drive.

We tried them at Le Mans at night and it was epic fun and scary at the same time! Mulsanne side-by-side at 220+mph is immense!

I did find a couple of issues which I don't think have been mentioned here yet:

1. The headlights seemed to be flickering at Le Mans. I don't know if this is the car or the track.

2. Collisions with the ground/barriers seemed to be a bit off. If you crash and pull a wheel off and the car digs in, it stops dead. This should be an easy/quick fix.

3. The engine on full boost didn't seem to get damaged much. I put the rev limiter as high as it could go, and was running 15(max) boost and was able to run 3+ laps flat out at Le Mans. I read on the MAK website research thread that if they ran at full boost, they would have to change the engine after one lap.

All in all though the 962 is a fantastic and fun car to drive. Well done! Can't wait for a Sauber C9/C11 or a Jaguar to appear now!

7. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

The Mazda is the benchmark about fuel consumption. You could use a high boost on the Porsche in a race, but just until a Mazda join that race. Then you will have to reduce the boost to match the Mazda consumption (usually 1.1 bar). It takes a second per litre to fill the tank, so every litre you save, it's a second less on the pits.

The tyres are not used as in Grand Prix, you shouldn't need to mix compounds in the same race, find the one that performs better on that track for your setup and driving style.

Sebring it's a perfect place to learn to drive these cars because the different corners it have. Portugal is fantastic with these cars, and you will have to work a lot to handle the cars. Zeltweg is full throttle, and Norisring a cruel suspension test.

The cars seems to be too fast at the beginning, but I'm still trying to match Stefan Bellof record at the Ring.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
  8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Only 1L per second? What kind of refueling rig did they have?

10. TJones

TJones Registered

If you ever gonna reach that, cars must be unrealstic fast then! ;)

No serious, love the cars, how they behave at the limit, the sound, cockpits. Really a blast to drive!
    Don't care about to much mechanical grip ATM.:)

11. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I think that this version is very impressive. Of course I don't have the slightest idea how these cars actually drive, but they definitely feel like a handful. I can feel the mass and the power.

Thank you for continuing with the Group C mod.

Hope to see the transmission tune up. Even as it is now, it is very exciting to move them around the track.

12. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I can't get anything below 6.15 at the Tourist Track

13. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

The topspeed is way higher than the 956(Derek Bell lap hit about 304kph), i was almost at 340kph, down the last straight.

14. peevee

peevee Registered

For the record when Mulsanne was still a real straight these were the top lap times:

1985 372 km/h (230.6 mph) Porsche 956
    1986 374 km/h (231.9 mph) Porsche 956
    1987 381 km/h (236.2 mph) W.M.P. 87
    1988 391 km/h (242.4 mph) Porsche 962C
    1989 400 km/h (248.0 mph) Sauber Mercedes C9
    1990 366 km/h (226.9 mph) Nissan R90 CP

15. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thank you for the update and extra car, loving the Porsche its a beast. 1 thing that bugs me is the lack of tire sounds, i can bearly hear it, if there is any at all.

16. Raintyre

Raintyre Registered

It is possible to change tire sounds balance inside Rfactor 2 audio menu. I think tyres are hardly audible in the real cars, though.

17. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Tried that straight away Raintyre, still don't hear much. Yeah, irl you probably wouldn't get much noise from the tires because of the engine sound etc, but in the sim with isi cars i like to hear the tires, ive come to rely on them for info on when i'm losing grip, it's good to have the option. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2015
  18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

+1

19. Gintonika

Gintonika Registered

Actually, 1990 had already the chicanes, 366 on the Nissan is really impressive but not if you know the story of the stucked valve in the turbos and the banzai lap of Blundell.
    For the record, 962 were reaching 350+ that year.
    The mod top speed is not that off.

20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

371kph is easy to reach, while still making the first chicane, so yeah it is...
    In 88 the 962C had the Qualifying top speed of 391 kph and that was without chicanes... I bet you, that as it is now, if we had the 86 Le Mans track, the MAK Porsche 962 would reach well over 400. They are too fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.