Updated Track aiw, Freezes at 100%

Discussion in 'Modding' started by JoeB, Jan 16, 2017.

1. JoeB

JoeB Registered

I made a few new AIW files for fastest lap, I placed it in the installed, locations folder and nothing changed, they still follow the same fastest line. I know my line was way faster than the previous. Is it that the AI are not set to follow the fastest? Anyone know how to change ai to follow the fastest line set? I have no talent files or anything like that. Also is there a AIW hub for people who have created well made AIWs? If not we should have that. A lot of user tracks have poor AI racing lines.

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

You have to repack the complete track as a new rfcmp-file, uninstall old and install the new one! Otherwise won´t work!
    Please use search-function, or look at youtube for tutorials.
    No, there is no such thing as a AIW-hub, as modder should build it in his new version anyways and release it as a complete package.
    For your last sentence: Yes that´s true! Don´t forget to contact modder and offer him your AIW for a future version of his track!

3. JoeB

JoeB Registered

I've been looking all day, they all just say how to make an AIW file, but none of them actually cover how to implement them. Even the Studio 397 Guide to making them, does just that. But, nothing about installing them.

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

A long time ago, I made this:

It might help somewhat.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Dont worry, a lot of older ISI tracks, too ;)

6. JoeB

JoeB Registered

Okay I need more modding help, basically what I did was create and AIW line for Pocono. Then I took the Pocono Oval.mas file from the Original MOD and put it into the MAS utility, and extracted the AIW file that came with the mod, I then took the text from the AIW I created and pasted over the AIW, the mod came with it. As to avoid changing the file ID. I then put the updated aiw back into MAS utility packed back into a complete MAS file. Took the other mod files and repacked the whole back together with my AIW file. My problem is my track loads to 100% then stops. I won't load. The link to my rfcmp
    EDIT New Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?nry5c5jghqkcb63

7. senormen

senormen Registered

check the path to the terrain file in the gdb ;)

8. JoeB

JoeB Registered

Should it be something else, because the path is the same in the working mod as well?

9. DaREALMastaD

DaREALMastaD Registered

I think something is off in the AIW file, past lines 842 so 843 onward. I wasn't able to load the track with your AIW file but I was able to load the original AIW with your repackaged MAS files. I even replaced the AIW lines of the original from lines 1-842 with the updated AIW file of yours from lines 1-842 and it loaded the track fine. The problem seems to happen with I replace lines 843 onward from your AIW file so you might have to redo the AIW file or look a little closer at those. I also noticed that there is a 2 line difference in the original as opposed to yours in which yours is 2 lines shorter. I don't know if that would be a problem but the variables at line 10347 and 10371 in the original AIW don't exist in your AIW. I tried to insert them in yours but it didn't load the track still. Does the track load in your environment still for modifying the AIW?

*EDIT* Also I did this in Dev Mode which doesn't consider the files in MAS format and was producing the results above.

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

You're welcome btw; I won't put any more time in this.

11. Goanna

Goanna Registered

It's my understanding, and I could be wrong, if you change anything in a mas file it will change the ID. To have your aiw working you would need to either create a brand new mod or make it as an updated version to the original.

12. JoeB

JoeB Registered

Thanks guys, bout to try some of these things. Yes I did repackage because I thought this too, but it didn't make a difference.