Lowering head shake in the cockpit

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Coutie, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Another question, people complain that the cockpit view is too shaky in our mod, and I tried changing the head physics file, but I can't say I've noticed a change. Is that the way to do it, or is there another way? I think I'm using the FISI head phyiscs file, if that's any help.

2. Benjamin Exell

Benjamin Exell Registered

Try changing the OrientationRate in the cam file. Here's what that looks like - [​IMG]
    Think that should work

3. Coutie

That seems to only adjust how the camera moves in turns and what not. Still a lot of shake.

4. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

If it's first person view it's in the headphysics file, I have pasted in below what I am using for an open wheel car

HeadMass=2.0 // Head and helmet
    HeadInertia=(0.032,0.028,0.029) // Head and helmet
    MinPos=(-0.03,-0.04,-0.050) // Minimum extents of position (should be negative)
    MaxPos=( 0.03, 0.04, 0.015) // Maximum extents of position (should be positive)
    MinOri=(-7.0,-3.5,-7.0) // Minimum degrees of pitch, yaw, roll (should be negative)
    MaxOri=( 7.0, 3.5, 7.0) // Maximum degrees of pitch, yaw, roll (should be positive)

I can't remember now but I think reducing the Head mass reduces the forces exerted, but I generally only mess with HeadMass and HeadInertia.

Anyhow you have something to play with lol.

Also bear in mind there is also camera shake which is adjustable in the game menu too.

If you want to adjust the external view movement, it's in the cockpitinfo file for that

5. Coutie

I'll give it a shot. I tried it in devmode, but noticed no difference. But maybe that's just devmode. Thanks guys.

6. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Hi Coutie,

It works in moddev for me. I suspect the camera shake more now lol.

Good Luck with it.