low res cockpits

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by GUBBA, Sep 22, 2013.

1. GUBBA

GUBBA Registered

Hello chaps and chapeses,
    I have been try to convert an rfactor car to RF2, Now the problem being I can only get low res cockpits,
    I have done cockpit_parts GEN and GMT. I have also done bodyin, and when I try to add the line <dashhigh>
    to my gen it says cockpit has no parent meshes. Can somebody please help this soon to be going insane soul!
    Cheers for any help given
    Gub

2. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

I don't think rF2 uses the <dashhigh> parameter in the cockpit instance. also check brackets, misspels etc

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

I think it does, its even noticed in GEN files.

4. PetraGTC

PetraGTC Registered

oh. anyway, never saw any of the ISI rF2 cars used it. And for the low res cpit issue, from what gubba wrote it appears to me that he wrote an extra .gen file for hi res cpit. S please clarify

5. GUBBA

GUBBA Registered

Hi Petra I didn't write an extra gen file I just added to the original one, As for the dashhigh issue why is it listed at the top of Rtrainer GEN file in RF2?
    As for low res cockpits in have tried the LOD and every thing i can think of any body got any new ideas or can they explain this cockpit process clearly please?
    Cheers dudes
    Gub

6. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

How about use exclusive names, not dashhigh, no prefix MAX, LOW, just a model name you want, like mycockpit.gmt, try it, just for look if the model shows up.

7. GUBBA

GUBBA Registered

Hi Pay2021 Thanks I will try it, And now have got it sussed out ok, thanks again. I converted
    a Porsche 911 RSR in the end my hi res cockpit, then I decoded to put in game, and hey presto for no reason they have gone back to low res, Can anybody please explain this mystery, Also is any bodyelse having problem selecting reverse gear in some cars with build 300
    Cheers chaps
    Gub

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013
  8. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Try delete the low res model from .gen file, is the only car in they class? if you have a car in the same class with a same .gmt model before the 911, rf2 will load it instead the 911 one, check your folders.

pd: hehe, i convert the 997 rsr also.

9. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Because the <nameused> triggers and upgrade in the upgrade ini file. It looks there to see what gmt file the <nameused> references in the upgrades ini file.

Example:
    GEN=<spoilerexists>="//"
    GEN=<spoiler>=spoiler.gmt
    GEN=<SSspoilerexists>=""
    GEN=<SSspoiler>=spoiler_ss.gmt

Above example is what I use to load a Different spoiler at different tracks.

Do not use that tag unless it is for upgrades in your gen file. Just use the whole gmt's name for your low res cockpit.

10. GUBBA

GUBBA Registered

911 RSR is now up and running in RF2 with high res cockpits yippeeeee!
    Thanks for all the help given by everybody
    Cheers
    Gub

11. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

It would be helpful for others if you detailed the solution to your particular problem in summary;-)

12. GUBBA

GUBBA Registered

I found that some cars appear to have one cockpit on top of another I tried changing LODIn to (1.0) instead of (0.0) example below, and the high res cockpit came to the front, no messing about with cockpit parts and body_in,
    Try it you may be surprised, BE AWARE THIS IS CHASSIS COCKPIT SETTING NOT JUST COCKPIT! I have used this successfully on four of five cars
    <MAX> MeshFile=PORSCHE_935_CHASSIS_COCKPIT_A.GMT CollTarget=False HATTarget=False LODIn=(1.0) LODOut=(10.0) ShadowReceiver=True
    Gubba