Low fps on Sebring and Zandvoort

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by johnsclander, Sep 23, 2018.

1. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Excuse my english, it's note very accurate.

Hello. I suffer low fps (20-30) on these two tracks while i have solid 55-60 fps on 99% of the other offical tracks.

I guess they're graphical demanding, my PC it's not very modern (FX6350, 8gb DDR3, Nvidia 1050), but as i said it runs smothly the other content, can there be anything else that i'm not aware? (some option in menu, .ini change...)

Thanks in advance.

2. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Are you using the 12H layout? If so, try using the Full Layout. (The 12H Layout has many background objects)

johnsclander likes this.
  3. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Thanks a lot, far much better perfomance in Full Layout.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Probably running out of memory. You can probably survive for a while yet with lower track detail settings (and 'smaller' tracks) but when you upgrade aim for 16GB, and enough graphics memory too.

johnsclander likes this.
  5. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Thanks. I probably ending buying a 1050 ti with 4gb of Vram. But i doubt between buying 8gb DDR3 or waiting till i upgrade my PC and buy DDr4.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I wouldn't even consider a 1050ti, upgrading in such small steps is just throwing money away. Your next upgrade should include CPU (yours is quite weak in single thread performance, which matters for games) so that'll be DDR4 anyway, unless you're going old stock / second hand. Personally I'd stick with what you have for now, and when it too often doesn't actually work try to upgrade then.

7. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Thanks. I'm not thinking about spending a lot of money, only watching second hand actually for another 8gbRam and/or a 1050ti. Then, probably next yeat, upgrade the whole PC.

But i don't want to rush, I know my FX it's not very powerfull but has behaved well over the years and still gives me a great performance (for what it costed).

8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

probably both old cpu and mobo combination with old ddr3 memory and pcie x16 2.0 generation

Edit: try lower post proccess effects and shadows and AA aswell
    try low PP AA 3 or lower Shadows from ingame settings at low with blur set to OFF or fast